Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mia Tui bags - any good? Grace or Matilda Mae

(11 Posts)
TooStressyForMyOwnGood Sat 04-Feb-17 22:16:59

My current bag (lucky find in Sainsbury's) is breaking and I need a new one. For out and about with 2 DC (primary and preschool age) so need / want to be able to carry water bottles, suncream, waterproofs, snacks etc. I may over-pack slightly blush.

Does anyone have a Mia Tui bag? I like the look of the Matilda Mae but wonder if it will be too small and that the Grace would be better. So hard to visualise on a website even with pictures though.

Or am happy to take other suggestions. I want cross-body, zip-up and waterproof. £50 max. Thanks!

DJKKSlider Sat 04-Feb-17 22:36:39

I really like those bags. I realise that is of no help.
grin

TooStressyForMyOwnGood Sat 04-Feb-17 22:58:02

grin. Well it is a bit of help as it helps justify me buying one. Also I have realised I might be able to repair my current bag to give it a few more months which might mean I could buy the smaller one to try it out (it's cheaper after all).

DJKKSlider Sat 04-Feb-17 23:03:05

I'm tempted to get one myself, I really like the Megan.
But.... I have a bag that's in perfect condition... And I'm a man..... Other than that... grin

TooStressyForMyOwnGood Sat 04-Feb-17 23:12:22

grin

DJKKSlider Sun 05-Feb-17 08:59:53

Not my thread but...

BUMP...

grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 05-Feb-17 10:40:41

Stressy I don't have one but I have considered them in the past.
There's 9 different showing on QVCUK (not all bags, couple of them are the plastic pouches)

I like the fact they're non-leather (I don't wear it) but that might be a "No" for some.
Lots of colours, but some of the darker ones have visible white stitching which I don't like , you might.
I'd go for the almond or pink for summer (I usually buy Kipling but they are ££)

Have a look at the videos , they'll do the measurements, show you the bag, the model will prance about with it over her shoulder.........you can get a good look (if you don't throw yerself onto a spike first) grin
This is a BAG and look you can put things IN it <gasp> and hold the handle

Twoevils Sun 05-Feb-17 10:48:40

I have the Grace and it was great for that toddler/early schooler phase when you still need to carry drinks/snacks/spare clothes/toys etc. I don't really use it anymore because I don't need the space. It is quite bulky. I found it comfortable to carry especially as the strap is quite wide. The material is durable and all the pockets helped.
I would recommend.

TooStressyForMyOwnGood Sun 05-Feb-17 11:19:50

Thanks guys smile. Will investigate the bag. Twoevils, that's it, it's whether the Grace would be too bulky. Do you reckon the Matilda would be too small for two early schoolers? Need to just get one of them and maybe send it back if wrong.

I do realise there are bigger problems than this btw smile.

MidnightVelvetthe7th Sun 05-Feb-17 11:24:21

I have the Grace in grey, I use it for work & its great. It can fit in everything including a lunchbox as it seems to have some kind of expanding bottomsmile and depending on how full it is I wear it over the shoulder or across the body.

TooStressyForMyOwnGood Sun 05-Feb-17 11:30:10

I am tempted grin. A bit annoyed by the lack of a zipped pocket inside but think maybe I am too picky!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now