Talk

Advanced search

Help ! My face is on fire !!! Redermic R fail

(6 Posts)
Itsalldramarama Sat 04-Feb-17 21:20:34

So I can use retin A no problem and have used for over a year ,built up to 0.1 three times a week , running low so used redermic R I bought ages ago but never used , woke up with a really sore peeling face sad cleansed as normal with cetaphil and sloughed off the flakes ! Covered in Nivea blue pot and even more peeling ! Washed off and covered in cetaphil cream !! Haven't left the house today ! 'My chin and between my eyes are bright red and sore !! Hope it calms down my Monday. Didn't expect that at all as I wouldn't have thought it was as strong .

Beautifullymixed Sun 05-Feb-17 09:57:36

Hydrocortisone ointment and antihistamines. Is there anyone you can send to boots/chemist?
Will take some of the redness, soreness and heat out of your poor skin.

ggirl Sun 05-Feb-17 10:01:36

I think covering in a really good moisturiser like Diprobase , or something similar , ask in chemist , they're normally behind counter but they are not prescription.
Also ask a pharmacist for their advice.

ggirl Sun 05-Feb-17 10:06:31

or do you have a facial oil?

Beautifullymixed Sun 05-Feb-17 10:18:52

Also forgot jojoba oil. Soothes and moisturises my skin after a rosacea flare up.
Diprobase too, I agree with PP.
We have exzema, rosacea and upset skin at the slightest thing in our house.

Would still use the hydrocortisone, and antihistamines, to calm, first.

Itsalldramarama Sun 05-Feb-17 10:45:15

Thanks , good ideas , I smothered it in bepanthan last night and it's a bit better today ! I have dipribase so I will try that too , hopefully it will be not so bad for work tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now