Talk

Advanced search

So I went to a gig last night and

(7 Posts)
Sadik Sat 04-Feb-17 20:24:56

about 50% of the audience were teenagers - and they were all wearing pretty much exactly what I would have worn when I was their age. It was very strange - I was having a bit of a wtf moment when a friend of mine (also late 40s) shouted in my ear said exactly the same thing.
(College band as support - the main act were proper grown ups hence why the rest of us were there grin - though to be fair the teenagers were pretty damn good)

BrownEyedLady Sat 04-Feb-17 20:39:53

Some of those teenagers will experience the same thing one daygrin

Sadik Sat 04-Feb-17 21:16:02

You reckon crushed velvet leggings and massive sloppy shirts will come round again in another 30 years or so? You're probably right . . .

BrownEyedLady Sat 04-Feb-17 21:53:04

Hehehe! The only way they sell those things it to young'uns with little money and no sense of style! One of my make friends commented recently that our female contingent look so much better than the males with age. I put it down to more disposable income and refined tastes honed over decades of experiencing total cringeful fashion/'style' choices...

BrownEyedLady Sat 04-Feb-17 21:53:44

*male friends...fat fingers grrr!

hugoagogo Sat 04-Feb-17 21:55:40

Bless em
My dd looks like I wished I looked 30 years ago envy

Sadik Sat 04-Feb-17 22:15:02

They all looked impossibly beautiful <perhaps influenced by possession of teenage daughter> but yes, agree age has some benefits smile

Mind you, I would say that of the blokes I see out the 50 plus group are on the average much more stylishly dressed than any of the younger ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now