Talk

Advanced search

Heated rollers - are they actually any good?

(11 Posts)
Tinker Tue 27-Feb-07 00:19:20

And which ones would you recommend?

Hairdresser put curls in my hair with his brush and, of course, when I try it it looks crap. But like what he did, the messed up curls look.

Tinker Tue 27-Feb-07 14:51:38

Ahem

nailpolish Tue 27-Feb-07 14:52:47

oh yes i use heated rollers sometimes for going out

dead dead easy#

i have the boots own brand ones, i like them, grips are secure, plenty rollers, good sizes, heat up quickly etc

nailpolish Tue 27-Feb-07 14:54:29

i use a volumising spray after blasting hair dry with hairdryer, take a section of hair, spray with a bit of elnett, put roller in and leave til cold

take out and tease but dont brush

add more elnett

easy

Tinker Tue 27-Feb-07 15:37:30

Oh, thank you. Think I may buy some. It was teh first time I got a really genuine, "Wow, your hair looks nice" from my partner. He said it quite a few times

<<He's lovely, will say my hair looks nice (if I ask him!) usually but this time was different>>

MamaG Tue 27-Feb-07 15:39:14

i couldn't use them, aren't very good with hair

can straighten & do a ponytail an thats it! I couldn't get the hang of rollers - maybe you could borrow some first?

nailpolish Tue 27-Feb-07 15:41:07

tink these ones are the ones i have

Tinker Tue 27-Feb-07 15:43:40

Yes, am worried about being rubbish with them. Used to get all tangled up with teh velcro ones.

Thanks np. Have seen ceramic Babyliss ones on Ebay, don't know how good they are.

nailpolish Tue 27-Feb-07 15:47:10

tink i am CRAP with them, but then again i just say i wanted the messed up curls look, and people admire it so it must be ok....

i leave bits out by mistake, have gaps, but you just tease it around and it falls into place

what cut do you have? i have a just below shoulder layered cut with a fringe thats longer than eyebrows - swept to the side ( i dont put roller in fringe)

Tinker Tue 27-Feb-07 15:49:13

Sounds similar - shoulder length with choppy layers which he curled and then messed up, slightly off-centre part and a fringe which is long which he straightened. Right, I shall treat myself

nailpolish Tue 27-Feb-07 15:50:47

yes straightening fringe can look nice and glossy when rest is curled

good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now