Talk

Advanced search

This week's charity shop bargains

(21 Posts)
LunaLoveg00d Sat 04-Feb-17 16:17:32

I volunteer in a charity shop and it costs me a FORTUNE as we get so many lovely things and I always have finds.... Love hearing about what other people have found too.

In the last fortnight i've picked up an immaculate Cos navy top for £6, similar to ones selling in store for £70 and a Boden cord dress for £10 which was probably £50 or £60 new. Oh, and a packet of Aristoc bodyshaper tights for 99p.

Reckon that 25% of my wardrobe is now great quality second hand and that percentage is going up all the time...

Floisme Sat 04-Feb-17 16:56:48

My local charity shops are shite..... except for this time of year when lots of you lovely s&b people do your kondo-ing.
Since the new year I've managed:
Long Jack Wills grey, all-wool cardigan - almost down to my knees which is just how I like them.
Tailored Reiss jacket in very fine wool - can't be any more than a couple of years old and looks barely worn.
Silk kimono from Hong Kong.

Total cost: £18. I thank you one and all.

Northernmum100 Sat 04-Feb-17 16:57:40

Happily losing weight so work wardrobe needs a updating. One next dress (tags still on) one M&S skirt (still tags on) one debenhams skirt and one Wallis dress-total spend £25.smile

Floisme Sat 04-Feb-17 16:58:03

Sorry that link was unintentional - I was just googling to check the spelling!

hollieberrie Sat 04-Feb-17 17:01:51

I reckon 50% of my wardrobe is charity shop these days.
Since Xmas I've got - pair of grey Converse £4, Topshop Leigh skinny jeans £3, Jigsaw grey jumper with a lovely silk panel £6, Nike dri-fit workout vest £1 and matching leggings also £1. So bargainous grin.

ameliameerkat Sat 04-Feb-17 17:06:35

Found 7 for all mankind jeans the other day for £2.79.....unfortunately too small for me (sad face).

WowOoo Sat 04-Feb-17 17:11:49

I got some navy Fenn Wright Manson work trousers, a Low Alpine fleece for my son, Eastex black work trousers (I know it's an older ladies make but they are good quality, plain black and slim fit) and an East scarf. I love this shop as everything is £1.
There were some Boden dresses and a lovely dress from Toast there but too big for me. My friend told me I should've bought them to Ebay. Wish I had now.

Coffeeflavouredbiscuit Sat 04-Feb-17 17:15:53

I found a pair of Louboutins but I'm not sure if there're real. I got them in Portobello road Cancer research for £25

BrowsOnFleek Sat 04-Feb-17 17:18:18

Omg coffee real or not they bloody it!

BrowsOnFleek Sat 04-Feb-17 17:18:30

Look it *

Patriciathestripper1 Sat 04-Feb-17 17:22:11

I got a dryzabone full length riding coat (€300 worth) for €10 and two pairs of irregular choice shoes (both more than (€100 a pair) for €5 a pair!

Patriciathestripper1 Sat 04-Feb-17 17:25:16

wow that shop sounds great!
I wouldn't buy something that wasn't for me just to sell on though as it stops someone who needs it getting a bargain.
Also shop might start putting its prices up if it gets a whif of people doing this?

KittyLane1 Sat 04-Feb-17 17:55:23

a Pepper Berry dress in exactly my size and fits like a glove for £4

Melstarrynight Sat 04-Feb-17 18:02:15

Whistles cashmere sweater for £4 last year head my best find. It looked new!

rosiemorag Sat 04-Feb-17 18:10:02

I picked up a pair of whistle skinny black jeans for £2 in a charity shop yesterday.
they fit and everything!
cannot believe my luck finding them. grin

LunaLoveg00d Sun 05-Feb-17 13:19:30

Loving the Louboutins!!

Would imagine they're real, charity shops aren't allowed to sell things they know are fake. We get a LOT of "Louis Vuitton" luggage and "Hermes" scarves and they have to be ditched. Lots of fake Uggs too.

LanaorAna1 Sun 05-Feb-17 20:32:40

I scored a Baukjen midi dress at Sally Army for a fiver - one of those 'classics' - ie a black jersey bag, but a well-cut bag. BNWT.

Also two gentlemen's XXXL cashmere jerseys, dark blue, v-neck, new, for £4 each. Deeply comfortable and vast enough to gape and drape enough, which is something of a novelty as a size 16.

ChishandFips33 Sun 05-Feb-17 21:16:29

Me and Em ruched dress for £7

Kennel + Schmenger knee length flat boots for £8

Gharani Strok leather jacket £6

...all thanks to mumsnet as I've learned some new label names over the years and recognise them now in the charity shops

rockingthelook Sun 05-Feb-17 21:34:54

Yesterday I bought New Look Knitted dress, Next skirt with tags on, debenhams skirt, Oasis top (lovely), Autograph bra looks new, and 4 books £15 to lot , left behind Debenhams coat £5 because I have more than enough

SlaveToDisney Sun 05-Feb-17 21:40:12

coffeeflavouredbiscuit i have a little collection of louboutins and from your picture i can say that they certainly look real. You found yourself a great bargain. I am very jealous i have wanted those exact ones for a while now.

busyboysmum Sun 05-Feb-17 22:19:17

I don't charity shop but Sunday morning is my shopping day as I love my car boot sales.

I always get a good haul - today got 3 lovely summer cotton blouses for £1. One was from & Other Stories, one Zara and one H&M. That was 3 for £1 not even £1 each(!). A navy Banana Republic blouse for £1.

Also got a brand new tagged pair of M&S navy coated jeggings for £1 and an Autograph silver sweatshirt for £1. That is the usual boot sale price - for stuff I really want I will stretch to £5 occasionally but it's usually around the 50p to £2 range.

Also a boxed set of Jack Wills bodysprays again brand new for £2 for teenage ds1. 3 lovely new books for ds3 for 20p each and an Orchard Toys game for £1 in lovely condition.

I do love my boot sales. When I got home I had a massive clearout and took 2 binbags of outgrown clothes to the charity bin at the end of our road so it all gets recycled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now