Talk

Advanced search

Can you help me find a suitable foundation please?

(8 Posts)
U2HasTheEdge Sat 04-Feb-17 13:26:58

I normally use DoubleWear but my skin is going through it's shit cycle of shitness again.

My thyroid levels are bad so that is drying my skin out. My new acne meds are drying my skin out as well and heavy foundation is just balling up no matter how much I prepare my skin first. I have a good skin care routine but right now it's not helping a great deal. Foundation either balls up or I look like I'm flaking.

I am looking for a cheap ish foundation that can be layered up if needed and is really moisturising. I can use my concealer to cover up scars etc so coverage isn't too much of a concern. I don't want it to be too oily as that isn't good for acne I guess.

I'm willing to spend anything up to £20

Any ideas please?

UncomfortableBadger Sat 04-Feb-17 16:01:10

Dermacol! Massively underhyped but absolutely amazing. 'Tis a Czech theatrical & TV foundation.

About £7 on eBay and Amazon - look at swatches online & Youtube tutorials to get a feel for the colours.

Absolutely perfect coverage, with a cream consistency so not drying at all and fairly long lasting. Am prone to congestion and haven't noticed my skin being any worse since I started using it smile

Kryolan Ultra Cream foundation is a more pricey option at £18. Again, a flawless finish and kind to skin. If you're near London, pop into Charles Fox in Covent Garden and they have the whole range for you to try smile

Tightarseinleggings Sat 04-Feb-17 16:28:38

I love loreal True Match for my dry skin.

Easy to add during the day if i wanted more coverage.

Ellapaella Sat 04-Feb-17 18:12:48

L'Oréal infallible is great - gives good coverage and is very moisturising. I also use ELDW as my 'night out' make up but use infallible for my toned down daytime face.

U2HasTheEdge Sat 04-Feb-17 22:32:33

Thank you.

A few to choose from. I just ordered the dermocal as it is so cheap and the True Match. No doubt I will end up buying them all grin

UncomfortableBadger Sun 05-Feb-17 08:41:40

OP, do report back & let us know how you get on smile I luffs my Dermacol!

As an aside, what are you using underneath your foundation by way of moisturiser/serum/primer?

Also are you applying with a brush?

UncomfortableBadger Sun 05-Feb-17 08:47:25

PS how long are you leaving between applying moisturiser and applying foundation?

Reason I ask is that if I use a super hydrating thick moisturiser and then apply foundation within a few minutes, it will inevitably ball up. I think it's a combo of the moisturiser being too thick for my skin to absorb and the foundation ingredients not being compatible.

loveslipstick Sun 05-Feb-17 15:34:39

Asian BB cream is your friend when your skin is bad. Our BB creams are light but theirs have so much pigment in you get great coverage but they are so full of goodness I feel like I have just worn skincare all day when I take it off.
Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream is my one of choice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now