Talk

Advanced search

Heart jewellery

(15 Posts)
Maugrim Sat 04-Feb-17 10:24:39

I've always thought heart shaped jewellery was for younger women, I've always steered away. However I've come into a little bit of money and whilst looking for a necklace to invest in I came across the pendant in this picture.
It is rose gold with a ruby heart. There's something about it I really love. It looks classic and I thought it would look lovely worn with pink or cream. The only thing is that as it is £300 I don't want to make a mistake and buy something that won't suit someone who is in there 30's. Any tips or guidance on this?

Swimminguphill Sat 04-Feb-17 13:11:32

Hi there if you love it get it! My mother in law has a similar one but with diamonds. Honestly it's not my kind of thing but jewellery is very personal. It's definitely feminine/girly but not necessarily too young, if that makes sense?

BusterGonad Sat 04-Feb-17 13:58:15

I think it's cute, I'm late 30's and I would wear it, at the end of the day if it's stuck in your mind and it makes you happy then get it.

namechange20050 Sat 04-Feb-17 14:05:55

Rose gold will go out of fashion soon. I think if you want an investment piece to wear for ever then gold or silver is a better bet.

bingohandjob Sat 04-Feb-17 14:22:07

If you love it, get it - if it makes you feel happy and you wear it lots it'll become your signature piece.

AmethystMoon Sat 04-Feb-17 14:58:58

If you are drawn to it, go with your instinct. Jewellery is so personal. Trends come and go but if it's something you like then it will probably suit you. I mean as opposed to buying something that is popular in the moment, like the pandora charm bracelets and links friendship bracelets. Nothing wrong with them at all but I bet a lot end up in a drawer never to see the light of day when they aren't to fashionable. There is nothing more stylish than a lovely unique piece of jewellery that is 'you', then don't save it for best. Life is short, if you love it, wear it smile

BusterGonad Sat 04-Feb-17 17:05:25

If you love it, it will never go out of fashion. I have a cut glass heart that was my mums, it's not fashionable but I love it, she gave it to me when I got married. I love it and always will.

Floisme Sat 04-Feb-17 17:13:47

It's not really my style but then I like my jewellery quite fierce and functional looking (except for some of my mum's bracelets which, now I come to think of it, are quite like that pendant). You would quite possible hate the stuff I wear which is fine! I think the only style questions are whether those colours suit you and whether they go with lots of outfits. Otherwise I agree you should - literally - follow your heart and enjoy wearing it.

Maugrim Sat 04-Feb-17 17:28:41

Thanks everyone. I have only recently discovered the impact jewellery can have- maybe being a bit older I've gone through the crazy clothes stage! I really want to buy some things that are classic so not in or out of fashion. I personally like rose gold so it is okay if it goes out of fashion, I also think it is a great match with rubies, these ones a more Pink in hue.
I wear a lot of longer necklaces so wondered if thus might be too subtle, it's on an 18 inch chain and about 1.3cm at widest part of pendant. However that might also work with silk and more delicate fabrics....

BusterGonad Sat 04-Feb-17 18:09:24

Get it op, you love it by the sound of it. Maybe it's not your usual style but I bet it will be your favorite thing!

CointreauVersial Sat 04-Feb-17 18:44:09

It's really pretty! If it appeals to you, buy it.

I don't think hearts have an age restriction. I have a blue and gold glass heart pendant that I sometimes wear, and I'm 50 in a couple of weeks time.

bojorojo Sat 04-Feb-17 18:59:15

If it is an antique one, yes. Not so keen on modern ones. I do have a diamond one that is Victorian.

dementedma Sat 04-Feb-17 19:01:13

Every one has a different style.
The only heart jewellery I own is a heart shaped Tigers Eye stone on a leather thong.

thegoodnameshadgone Sat 04-Feb-17 20:09:52

I have a silver heart that says cariad on as my partner is Welsh I love it

ShimmeringIce Sat 04-Feb-17 20:22:02

If you love it, get it! (I'm desperate to spend money on something I love)
It doesn't look like it cost £300 to me, though (possibly because it looks quite large in the pic).
If I saw someone young wearing it, I'd assume it wasn't gold/gemstone, but if you're a bit more mature and expensively dressed it could be ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now