Talk

Advanced search

Capsule wardrobe tips

(8 Posts)
Sweets101 Fri 03-Feb-17 22:02:18

I'm trying to get my clothes down to a capsule wardrobe as I currently only wear the same dog tired outfits over and over anyway.
I'm not on Pintrest unfortunately, can't make head nor tail of it if i'm honest blush
So does anyone have any tips? What are the staples?
I'm a single parent, work in an office but the dress there is very much smart casual (with an eye to keeping warm).
I go 'out out' very occasionally. I just like to be comfy and cosy but I'd to look put together easily
Shoes wise I have a pair of dark tan Chelsea boots, a pair of dark brown riding type boots and a high heeled black shoeboot.
That's my starting point.
Any tips gratefully received!

Newbrummie Fri 03-Feb-17 22:03:24

What are your colours, eyes, hair ?

MelanieCheeks Fri 03-Feb-17 22:05:26

What are the same outfits that you currently wear?

Sweets101 Fri 03-Feb-17 22:15:34

Brown hair and eyes, pale skin. I only tend to wear black, cream/white, navy and grey.
Same outfits are a pair of black skinny jeans, black leggings, navy cord jeggings, navy long jumper, black/cream round neck t shirts, black cord short skirt, black jumper, cream jumper.
I have big boobs and my stomach is still quite round from DC4.
I look like Gru from Despicable Me, but with hair blush

MelanieCheeks Fri 03-Feb-17 22:28:09

See, that IS a capsule wardrobe! What about some scarves or statement jewellery to give it an edge?

Sweets101 Fri 03-Feb-17 22:32:08

I think that's where i'm going wrong, Firstly I don't throw out the crap I don't wear and secondly i'm terrible at accessorizing. I really fancy a blanket scarf, seems quite simple? I can't do the usual scarf accessory as I look like i'm playing dress up but hoping a blanket scarf is easier to wear?

pluck Fri 03-Feb-17 22:51:24

Reds would look good with those colours. Burgundy tights, skirt, that sort of thing? If your skin is good, brown can really set it off, with that colouring.
Deep green, too. All the jewel colours, basically!

pluck Fri 03-Feb-17 22:53:42

Also, big bosom + keeping warm = cape cardigan (not belted)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now