Talk

Advanced search

Casual clothes to go with woollen tights?

(11 Posts)
Jemimabelle Fri 03-Feb-17 21:03:05

Every time I go shopping I'm drawn to nice tights! Especially all the nice thick coloured ones in Next at the moment (navy, dark green, plum, grey). But...what do I wear with them? I am totally a jeans and trainers casual type dresser, jeans and flat boots in winter. I wear a uniform at work (hospital) so no use there, and the rest of the time I'm doing the school run/playing with my 2 year old on the floor at home/cleaning the chickens out/walking so feel I need to keep to a casual style to be comfortable. Any suggestions would be welcome!

AngelicCurls Fri 03-Feb-17 21:18:16

Jumper dresses are your friend. I used to be a jeans and jumper person but have been wearing thermal tights and jumper dresses all winter-sooo comfy compared to jeans! I've got a couple of thick ones from h&m but my best ones have been from lidlblush my only concern is what I'm going to wear when it gets warmer!

Jemimabelle Fri 03-Feb-17 21:30:51

Ah thanks, I'll have a look. What shoes do you tend to wear?

AngelicCurls Fri 03-Feb-17 22:16:00

Ankle boots, either black or tan depending on the colour of the dress. Knackered old timberland boots when going to the park or v cold.

AngelicCurls Fri 03-Feb-17 22:23:52

Oh and wellies and thick socks when walking the dogs!

FusionChefGeoff Sat 04-Feb-17 09:41:53

Denim skirt? Just replace jeans!

CointreauVersial Sat 04-Feb-17 09:47:17

I have a thick jersey shift dress, in a blue denim colour. It is cosy and stretchy, and great with tights and ankle boots.

Or a denim skirt. You can get away with a shorter one if you are wearing thick tights.

Melfish Sat 04-Feb-17 09:49:38

Jemimabelle are the Next tights good quality? Just asking as the wool Falke ones I got in TK Maxx have finally died and I need new ones (can't afford Falke prices!). I wear dresses or short skirts with tights and flat boots.

Jemimabelle Sat 04-Feb-17 10:28:38

I haven't seen any denim skirts in the shops I've been in recently, maybe there'll be more coming towards the better weather. Yes Melfish they look good quality but haven't actually bought any yet!

Narnian Sat 04-Feb-17 10:33:53

I was looking at denim skirts online at H&M yesterday. They've got quite a few. Definitely going to look for their jumper dresses next as per Angelic's recommendation!

SunsetBeetch Sat 04-Feb-17 11:13:21

There are lots of cord a-line skirts around at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now