Talk

Advanced search

Nomads clothing....should I buy this coat?

(12 Posts)
roughtobuff Fri 03-Feb-17 20:52:20

Hi all, you may have seen me on here recently. I am attempting to make myself less of a bag lady, a bit more groomed and as part of that I am trying to buy some new clothes. I need new everything due to mainly shopping at the car boot sale and charity shops.
I haven't seen Nomads mentioned on here and I quite like the patterns and style of their clothing, and it's fairtrade I believe. Have you ever bought anything from them?
So, what do you all think of this coat, I love it on the model and I think the colours would suit me. I just want to be sure I'm not making some horrendous fashion faux pas before I part with £127 of my hard earned cash!!

www.nomadsclothing.com/fitted-velvet-coat?colour=2003

CoolCarrie Fri 03-Feb-17 20:55:50

I think it's lovely, beautiful colours. I haven't bought anything from them, but they do have some nice pieces, go for it!

roughtobuff Fri 03-Feb-17 20:56:14

And this is nice too...
www.nomadsclothing.com/knitwear/edgetoedgecardigan?colour=1444

BrownEyedLady Fri 03-Feb-17 21:01:12

The coat is lovely but will it go with any of your other clothes? A coat with a bold pattern isn't always particularly versatile and for that price, I'd want one that went with most things or I'd end up needing two coats. I'd advise going for a block colour for a coat and then look at tops/dresses that have a pattern - they cost less too so it would be lower risk money-wise if you go off them.

SilentlyScreamingAgain Fri 03-Feb-17 21:01:32

I don't think it's very fashionable but it's absolutely beautiful. If you get it will you come back and tell me what the fit is like, please?

CactusFred Fri 03-Feb-17 21:01:57

I like both the coat and the cardy!

I love Nomads. Was browsing the sale rail full of it today actually. All size 8 or 18 unfortunately but lovely.

roughtobuff Fri 03-Feb-17 21:07:35

Oo, where do they stock it? I'd like to try on a few things I have seen and choose my favourite.

roughtobuff Fri 03-Feb-17 21:08:36

I know what you mean BrownEyedLady. I don't currently have many patterned tops, it's if it will fit into my future wardrobe though I guess......

TheCustomaryMethod Fri 03-Feb-17 21:10:12

I've had several things from Nomads and the quality has always been good. Sizing tends to be geared towards pear shape with small bust in my experience - I'm a DD cup so have to go up a size for tops and coats.

I really like that coat (I'd be tempted myself if I hadn't recently bought a coat!). I'm not fashion-conscious so can't comment on whether it's a fashion faux pas. I think you'd have to be prepared to dress round it, though - it's not something you could throw on over anything.

I don't think the cardigan is worth the price - I can't see anything really special about it - you could get something similar for much less (though I appreciate some people buy Nomads especially for the Fair Trade element, so if that's you, go for it).

biscuitkumquat Fri 03-Feb-17 21:19:29

OP, I've got this & I love it.

I wasn't sure how much wear I would get out of it & it's never been off since I got it.

I'm usually a 12, & wear a 14 in Nomad clothing for tops.

Deathraystare Sat 04-Feb-17 09:03:00

I have a lovely coat from there but have to admit my norks get flattened by the coat but that is down to the style I think.

Bantanddec Sat 04-Feb-17 10:47:24

That's a lovely jacket! Would look well with a tan leather bag

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now