Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend moisturiser/ serum for oily yet dry skin with cystic acne?

(13 Posts)
Squirrelfruitandnutkin Fri 03-Feb-17 12:17:44

My skin is dry, but can get oily (T zone). I get cystic acne around my cheeks and chin - hormones to blame.

I use ultrabland cleanser from lush which is great.
I have been using Superdrug pure serum which was ok but didn't think it was that hydrating.
And a simple moisturiser spf20 which i don't really like - a bit thick and sticky and doesnt feel like it's actually adding moisture to my skin.

Winter is drying my skin out more so I want to ditch the above serum and moisturiser for something that will give my skin a drink.

I'm thinking maybe avene or la Roche possay? But open to suggestions.

What can you recommend?

Thanks!

Gingerbreadmam Fri 03-Feb-17 12:19:54

I am prone to spots and used aveeno daily moisturiser which i found helped.

pashmina696 Fri 03-Feb-17 13:06:13

La Roche Posay effaclar - it really works!

MiniDoofa Fri 03-Feb-17 13:08:27

La Roche Posay BB cream. Really light, doesn't cause my (very acne prone) skin any issues and includes SPF.

OlennasWimple Fri 03-Feb-17 13:11:22

Cetaphil

beargrass Fri 03-Feb-17 13:14:04

Same issues. I'd recommend Eucerin for a moisturiser.

But other things that could help...
Jan Marini biogycolic cleanser, then...
Cetaphil, then
Eucerin for the day, and the Jan Marini biogycolic cream for night time

I've done this religiously for a few years now and it's completely cleared my skin.

Squirrelfruitandnutkin Fri 03-Feb-17 14:48:45

I've tried effaclar before - it wasn't all that. The savlon healing gel from the medicine box worked just as well! 😳
Off to google these suggestions.

Squirrelfruitandnutkin Fri 03-Feb-17 14:49:34

mini - is the best cream tinted - I've never used a BB cream - I don't wear make up much at all.

Squirrelfruitandnutkin Fri 03-Feb-17 14:51:13

ginger is the aveeno the big tube of moisturiser?- I've had that for my body before. Think it's too greasy for my face.

Gingerbreadmam Fri 03-Feb-17 15:10:42

Its in a cream tube with green writing. You can get a smaller squeezy tube which lasts ages or a.large one with a squirter on i think. I just get the tube.

Gingerbreadmam Fri 03-Feb-17 15:12:29

www.superdrug.com/Aveeno/Aveeno-Daily-Moisturising-Lotion-200ml/p/322547

This one. I dont know whats in it but must be quite healing as i know numerous people that use it for eczema and it is the only thing that works.

MiniDoofa Sat 04-Feb-17 06:41:28

Hello yes the BB cream is tinted, three shades avsilable I think. Doesn't look like wearing make up but does even out skin tone a little. I mainly like the fact that I need to wear SPF every day (pale freckle skin, hot country, not an easy mix!!) and this one has never caused me a break out and feels very light.
Highly recommend. 😀

norbert23 Sat 04-Feb-17 07:02:12

The only thing that's sorted out my cystic acne has been a retinoid gel / cream, I had to beg the doctor for some which worked brilliantly but then I got one online from the ordinary skincare. About £8 so a bargain compared with everything else I wasted my money on. A blue light machine also worked well when I was pregnant but it's more time intensive. I hope you find something that suits your skin - it's rubbish isn't it!?! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now