Talk

Advanced search

Everyday lipstick wanted!

(25 Posts)
Bodypumpaddict Fri 03-Feb-17 11:07:04

After a very moisturising, non sticky lipstick that I can wear all the time. Feel am a bit old for a pearl and shine now and want to look a bit more groomed. Lip glosses are out as my hair gets caught on them.
What does everyone use?

WellTidy Fri 03-Feb-17 11:10:29

I like Estée Lauder barely there as an everyday lipstick. Very creamy and moisturising, more depth than a nude. I use Estée Lauder spice lip liner with it, which is a really good match and makes me look more groomed.

If you want a nude, I also like Estée Lauder insatiable ivory, which I use with their nude lip liner.

I am a big fan of lip liner.

slug Fri 03-Feb-17 11:56:42

I'm loving the Nars Velvet Lip Glides at the moment. They go on like a gloss, but are more lip balm in texture. Good, deep colour that lasts.

I can't comment on hair sticking properties as I have a buzz cut.

HeyMacWey Fri 03-Feb-17 11:59:26

I love the clarins joli rouge line.
V moisturising and pretty long lasting.

Cheesymonster Fri 03-Feb-17 12:23:37

Mac patisserie.

Dior lip glow.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 03-Feb-17 14:22:16

I bought a Doll 10 Velvet lip paint (not glossy, its matte/velvet) still on after a cup of coffee and for me a perfect MMBB shade (Fashionista

I do need a liner though, not any problem with the lippie , its not going bleedy, but my lips are so thin , they need an outline.

nicebiscuit25 Fri 03-Feb-17 14:24:37

Any mac are good and last for ages

auldfuckingspinster Fri 03-Feb-17 14:25:52

I've got a few sheer Guerlain lippies that are good. Revlon lacquer balms are good too.

LoupGarou Fri 03-Feb-17 14:26:40

I use Benefit's Posie Tint, Benetint or Cha Cha Tint with Vaseline over the top. I often react badly to lipsticks and lip balms (get weird sort of open sores/ulcers on my lips) but this works for me. I add Vaseline throughout the day but the colour underneath lasts without needing to reapply.

I hate Vaseline, only thing which works for me though angry.

LoupGarou Fri 03-Feb-17 14:28:00

I do also have a few Clarins Joli Rouge Perfect Shine lipsticks and they are brilliant

drspouse Fri 03-Feb-17 14:28:20

Chubby stick?

ElspethFlashman Fri 03-Feb-17 14:29:09

I'm a big fan of the incredibly cheap 'n cheerful #17 Mirror Shines. They're sheer so basically one step up from Pearl & Shine. Tons of colours but none go on strong so no frightening the horses.

Check out one called Beehive and one called Belle which both are very natural. One of them will suit you.

LoupGarou Fri 03-Feb-17 14:29:25

Great minds Hey smile

FoolsandWorthlessLiars Fri 03-Feb-17 14:29:40

NYX do a lovely butter gloss, I use tiramisu. Just finishes my make up off, my hair doesn't stick to it either. My lips get so dry with lipstick but not with this.

rosesandcashmere Fri 03-Feb-17 14:30:33

The m&s Rosie lip crayon that came in my advent calendar was lovely. Moisturising and a nice creamy colour. Will definitely buy more and looks nice in the handbag

Bodypumpaddict Fri 03-Feb-17 17:07:57

Loads of fab suggestions
Thanks everyone

saltydogandme Fri 03-Feb-17 18:23:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

puglife15 Fri 03-Feb-17 19:12:58

I can't be the only one who thinks Mac lipsticks are a bit shit? Either they don't apply well, are too sticky or in weird finishes. Colours always look different when I get home too.

My favourites are from Clarins, Nars, Bobbi Brown, YSL, Lancome and weirdly the Kate Moss Rommel ones in the red tube.

Nars Dolce Vita sheer lipstick is a great light, moisturising but not heavy, easy to wear choice.

MumBod Fri 03-Feb-17 19:38:25

Mac Velvet Teddy is the best lipstick I've ever had, perfect for everyday wear.

MumBod Fri 03-Feb-17 19:38:51

Arf at 'Rommel' lipsticks 😂

0hCrepe Fri 03-Feb-17 19:41:27

I love body shop delipscious lipsticks. Kind of a lipstick/balm mix. Discontinued but I've got them new off eBay.

vengabus Fri 03-Feb-17 22:25:18

Mac Gloss in Hue.

Sciurus83 Fri 03-Feb-17 23:20:24

Another vote for Clarins joli route, I have three and love them all, you can go very bright and it's still wearable. I got them 3 for £20 at beauty outlet (beauty store at outlet centre)

Sciurus83 Fri 03-Feb-17 23:21:16

*rouge

RobinIsThicke Fri 03-Feb-17 23:46:03

Try MUA Shade 12. It's a quid in Superdrug. Soooo easy to wear. It's a dusky pink colour. Creamy and moisturing. The consistency seems to be different for other shades but I love Shade 12.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now