Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a coat please

(18 Posts)
Twistmeandturnme Fri 03-Feb-17 10:22:54

Gender Neutral offspring require a non-girly, long black coat (possibly military) to wear with chunky boots, preppy shirt and bow tie.
Petite (5' 0", size 12 in a jumper) so does need to be a women's coat to fit boobs in).
I'm finding nothing. Can anyone advise/help please?

NewPantsforaNewYear Fri 03-Feb-17 11:18:52

What's the budget?

Twistmeandturnme Fri 03-Feb-17 11:21:12

At this point anything will be considered: they aren't going to grow much more. I have found absolutely nothing.

NewPantsforaNewYear Fri 03-Feb-17 11:26:46

You may need to hide the label
Jacques Vert
So many of the petite styles are thigh length

NewPantsforaNewYear Fri 03-Feb-17 11:41:26

Really nice one but it's grey

NewPantsforaNewYear Fri 03-Feb-17 11:58:36

probably too short

It is hard, isn't it?

LiefieLiefie Fri 03-Feb-17 12:02:27

I got one on ASOS recently, oversized boyfriend style which fits boobs in great.

Twistmeandturnme Fri 03-Feb-17 13:17:45

something like the military one in back would be great. The coats are mostly a shorter length and DC definitely wants something long...but as they aren't long themselves it's very difficult. Also, I suspect , the wrong time of year.
Thanks for looking

Twistmeandturnme Fri 03-Feb-17 13:36:14

in black...

DavidPuddy Fri 03-Feb-17 15:43:03

Gloverall do fairly long duffle coats in black. I think they do some other styles, too...

Lucked Fri 03-Feb-17 18:00:07

very

NewPantsforaNewYear Fri 03-Feb-17 22:23:43

Ta da!! Only problem is that it ships from the US. Can't find the petite one in the uk.

NewPantsforaNewYear Fri 03-Feb-17 22:52:53

Now I'm on to eBay: Next - new

Precis

Topshop

Mac with detachable warm lining

BHS - new

Twistmeandturnme Mon 06-Feb-17 11:37:39

Thank you all so much for your help!
I didn't risk buying anything without teen's approval but miraculously there were 2 that they didn't hate yay! (one second hand one new)
Both should arrive this week so they are sorted coat wise for this winter and next.
Thanks again

NewPantsforaNewYear Mon 06-Feb-17 12:20:15

Hooray!!

NewPantsforaNewYear Mon 06-Feb-17 16:20:09

What did they go for in the end? It was really hard to find anything. So glad you managed to find two.

Twistmeandturnme Tue 07-Feb-17 10:46:52

...nothing is simple. The two chosen are 'alright' but not what they would have picked as ideal as neither are quite cool enough. Apparently military is cool so I have purchased metal buttons on ebay and will be replacing them. Still, 2 coats vs no coat (as would rather go without coat than wear anything that looks to girl or too old fashioned or practical!) is a huge step forward!

NewPantsforaNewYear Tue 07-Feb-17 11:50:03

Well done you and brilliant to make the extra effort with the buttons (although I might be tempted to let them sew them on themselves smile)

It must be hard to find non gender-specific clothes at that size but coats particularly, I guess.

My problem is DS who really only wears sportswear but has to do it without looking 'chavvy' sorry can't think of a better word. It's so not my style that I really can't see where that line falls!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now