Talk

Advanced search

Recommend a moisturiser with hydraulic acid in please

(7 Posts)
datingbarb Thu 02-Feb-17 14:29:06

Looking for a not to expensive £15-20 max) moisturiser that is excellent for hydrating dry, dehydrated, dull skin. Preferably something with hydraulic acid in as I understand this is good for hydration

I'm trying to sort of my awful skin but think baby steps is the way rather than rushing out and buying everything

Currently using body shop campanile cleanser (oil) which I like but think I'm going to get the butter/balm next time but really need a moisturiser as currently using any old scraps I can find

NotMeNoNo Thu 02-Feb-17 14:46:11

Is that hyaluronic acid I take it?wink

datingbarb Thu 02-Feb-17 15:05:28

Gosh yes it's probably is.... see I need desperate help I don't even know what does what blush

Any recommendations?

datingbarb Thu 02-Feb-17 15:07:47

What about this? Do I need a moisturiser on top?

seefeld Thu 02-Feb-17 15:23:18

The Ordinary do a hyaluronic acid for only £6 you could use under your normal moisturiser. Available from ASOS

Welshgirl40 Thu 02-Feb-17 15:32:54

Go to Caroline Hirons site, and look for her cheat sheet for 'Routines'. Try following that. It's a great base to learn and adapt from. Do use the hydraulron: after your retinol or acid and serum, but before your moisturiser. Don't forget to finish with a good oil, and double cleanse at night. Try to get an acid cleanser too. It'll help your skin absorb moisture as well as making it glow! Look at The Ordinary for purchasing stuff: cheap for what it is, and blinking good. Good luck!

NomDePlumeReloaded Thu 02-Feb-17 15:45:54

I'm not a fan of hydraluron. I find it too siliconey on my skin and it does zip for my dehydration. Same with the much lauded Hylamide serum (same parent co who make The Ordinary range of skincare), though hylamide was marginally better than hydraluron on my skin.

I like the Vichy one in the blue glass bottle - Aqualia. I found that really good on my skin and probably the best of the 'easy to buy on the high street' type ones.

I really like The Ordinary skin care range (only available online), as mentioned further down thread. Good prices and good ingredients. No nonsense. My sensitive, dry and dehydrated skin likes the things I've tried (well, apart from the vitamin c).

I haven't tried their hyaluronic serum but most of their other acids and serums have it as an additional ingredient. I like their simple moisturiser (I think it's called 'natural moisturising factors'), it's a good basic and contains HA, as well as other bits and bobs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now