Talk

Advanced search

Narrow girls shoes that aren't Clarks

(7 Posts)
nickEcave Thu 02-Feb-17 12:31:08

I'm at my wits end! My 10 year old DD has very narrow size 2 feet. I have always bought her Clarks school shoes but I am so sick of the poor quality and crappy choice. The last pair I got her in October were a brogue style but the sole has worn through at the toe and they are taking water. She needs a closed style shoe for the winter as we walk to school. She doesn't like "girly" style open or decorated shoes but isn't prepared to wear the shoes that are actually designed for boys (despite my best efforts to convince her). The school stipulates that shoes must be plain black with no colours or logos. Where can I buy good quality plain black shoes in narrow fittings? I'm prepared to pay up to £50 for a good pair as the Clarks ones are over £30 and are absolutely SHIT!

McWeedie Thu 02-Feb-17 14:30:09

Start rite smile

empirerecordsrocked Thu 02-Feb-17 14:34:31

Dts are 6 so a bit younger but the only she's that fit their skinny feet are Start Rite or Ricosta.

nickEcave Thu 02-Feb-17 14:52:22

I've tried Start Rite before and they were too wide and clumpy. She really does have ridiculously narrow feet

madmomma Thu 02-Feb-17 19:52:26

Watching. Dd2 has skinny feet that knock about even in clarks' narrowest.

Gullane Thu 02-Feb-17 19:57:19

Ecco. Pricey but excellent.

Molecule Thu 02-Feb-17 20:10:43

Dd3 has narrow, shallow feet with very slim heels. The only shoes we found that fitted were Primigi, which were stocked by our (now closed) independent shoe shop. She was not happy as she ended up having the same style for three years, and all her friends at the time were wearing ballet pumps. In her final couple of years we found that Start Rite brogues fitted. I can't tell you how glad I was once she moved into the 6th form. Shoes are still a problem but we find TK Maxx are good as they often seem to have the shoes that don't fit anyone else.

I don't envy you your search.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now