Talk

Advanced search

What to wear to rugby hospitality?

(6 Posts)
JJBlinks Thu 02-Feb-17 11:21:34

Going with my DH this weekend. Been told that dress code is "smart casual" but a reminder to wrap up warm. Suggestions please smile

Justfivemoreminutesplease Thu 02-Feb-17 11:24:31

I normally wear trousers (not jeans, or if jeans then smart, dark ones) and a smart (i.e newish!) jumper and boots. Are you in a box? Still take a warm coat, hat and scarf and then you will blend in perfectly with 99% of the crowd.

JJBlinks Thu 02-Feb-17 11:34:31

That's what I was thinking - black trousers, boots and a smart top. Warm coat etc. We are going to a dinner afterwards so need to be fairly smart for that so I think the top will need to be fairly dressy (with a huge jumper in my bag to wear to the actual match under my coat grin).

pegomassive1 Thu 02-Feb-17 11:40:02

I went it the very end of the season last year to Twickenham my company have a box. I wore a mid length wrap dress and low stacked heels with a leather jacket.
If I was going now ie in winter I would go for smart tailored trousers and ankle boots with a smart blouse and warm jacket and gloves!

PigletWasPoohsFriend Thu 02-Feb-17 11:42:13

Depends where you are in the country, don't forget gloves, scarves and hat.

Boxes tend to be high up and get quite breezy.

JJBlinks Thu 02-Feb-17 11:47:50

I think that it will be too cold for a dress so def trousers. Thanks for all your replies - have confirmed my thoughts. Now to raid the wardrobe to find a top (or perhaps a quick run round shops whilst middle DS at nursery this afternoon!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now