Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Makeup and tips for a sleep-deprived mum?

(7 Posts)
milkyman Thu 02-Feb-17 09:57:56

I am 41 with new baby and pre-schooler. I look really old and tired and need an overhaul. I have fine, lank mousy hair and grey skin! I am a size 12 and 5ft 7. I have dark ringscunder my eyes, myvhair is falling out and my skin is wrinkly!!

GeneralTFuckup Thu 02-Feb-17 10:07:16

I have just discovered NYX Dark Circle concealer thanks to a previous thread. It's peachy-orange so cancels out the blue bruised look, it's easy to apply, not too thick and oily and cost about £6 so doesn't break the bank! Got mine from Boots, could be worth a look.

GeneralTFuckup Thu 02-Feb-17 10:09:38

And you have my sympathy re the hair loss, I had bald patches at the front of my head at one point after the birth of my dd. I took post natal vitamins but I don't know if they really made much difference, the hair grew back though. It's a tough time flowers

Penrithtearooms Thu 02-Feb-17 15:43:53

Congrats on new baby smile
Can you treat yourself to a couple of new things to make yourself feel better? I have a young child (not so much new born now) but never leave the house without filling my eyebrows in and wearing some kind of lipstick.

I also bought new underwear and a couple of tops and jeans to make a capsule wardrobe that all looked in good condition so was easier to get out of the house without looking/feeling crap.

PP hairloss is awful. Took mine 6 months to stop falling out. As soon as it did, I had a change of hairstyle! Hope you feel a bit better soon!

FuckingHateRats Thu 02-Feb-17 18:47:40

Make sure you're drinking lots, and I take an evening primrose oil capsule every day for my skin and I'm starting to see a real difference. A good skincare routine (Superdrug Naturally radiant hot cloth cleaner and moisturiser is a good start and inexpensive), and then a BB cream or foundation which is all about the dewy finish.

Def find a good pair of jeans which you feel great in, and buy two pairs. You'll feel much better for it.

Umblubblub Thu 02-Feb-17 18:58:03

I swear by YSL Radiant Touch. I've always got bags under my eyes and although it's expensive this stuff really works. That and 2L water per day. Congrats on your baby, I'm pregnant and will be a few weeks off 40 when baby comes, so might need to make a bulk order to avoid looking like an extra from a zombie film!

BusterGonad Fri 03-Feb-17 11:06:15

I would suggest if you have the money, a new hair cut and maybe a dye (even a home dye) to get you feeling a bit happier, some under eye concealer, touché eclat if you have purple rings but NOT protruding bags as it will only highlight them as it's a highlighter not concealer. Some lovely thick moisturizer to plump up your lines, maybe Aveeno or Astral both cheepish and really hydrating. A new lip gloss or lip stick to make you feel a bit more glam. Oh and a couple of cheep face masks for when you have a few spare minutes to indulge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now