Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'd pinned all my hopes on Touche Eclat

(17 Posts)
Hayls Mon 26-Feb-07 17:07:26

Finally got some and I still look like cr*p- big black circles under my eyes and general pastiness. IS there any hope for me? Somebody at work asked me why I had a black eye and dd keeps asking why I've drawn on my face (big blue vein just below my eye).

I even splashed out on Beauty Flash Balm, which seems pretty good but doesn't help below my eyes.

I'm only 28 and I look (and feel) at least 10 years older than that- I still get spots fgs.

paulaplumpbottom Mon 26-Feb-07 17:09:58

Clinique has one (forget exactly what its called) and I think its better than Touche eclat. Also try eye bright from Benefit

Hayls Mon 26-Feb-07 17:14:09

Cheers for advice but I've just spent a fortune on these 2 alone and can't bring myself to spend any more! (actually MIL bought TE but you get my gist!

southeastastra Mon 26-Feb-07 17:16:39

they're more light reflectors aren't they? i use the make up one from tesco which is cheap but quite thick and gives good coverage

WideWebWitch Mon 26-Feb-07 17:17:36

Are you getting enough sleep? Water? veg?

marymillington Mon 26-Feb-07 17:18:43

try mixing you touche eclat with your foundation before putting it on

mac do a fantastic concealer and miracle working foundation for under a tenner next time you want to try something

in the meantime, fresh air, gentle exercise and early nights!

Twinkie1 Mon 26-Feb-07 17:22:33

Get some Lemon Balm I think it is called form benefit - is thicker than touche eclait and is what my aunt uses and she has worked in selfridges for Estee Lauder and Yves St Laurant.

She has terrible trouble with under eye bags and although this is thicker it means you use less - I also used it when went away recently and my touche eclait ran out - I would have to say it works a treat.

Oh and when my aunt did my wedding make up she put touche eclait on after tinted moisturiser and before blusher - I always use it before anything else - maybe that will help.

wotzsaname Mon 26-Feb-07 17:23:11

Dark circles can form due to dehydration.

Hayls Mon 26-Feb-07 18:29:51

Ta for advice. I'm not tired (get at elast 9 hours every night, mostly uninterrupted) and drink quite a lot, although I probably could drink a bit more...

It's not just the eye though, I look rubbish generally, got double chin, hair not how I want it and still got slight jelly belly from dd now 3 and all my clothes are really frumpy.

I'm actually quite a happy person, believe it or not!

ZZMum Mon 26-Feb-07 18:32:28

my sis had the worst bags and dark circles EVER under her eyes and no cream even touched them -- however, 2 weeks after a stict detox - and lots of water -- they went and have never really come back... am sure if you really made an effort to really up the water, you would be amazed at difference... and is cheaper than cream!

Tamum Mon 26-Feb-07 18:34:52

Oh poor you Hayls. Have you tried hair straighteners? (for your hair, obviously, not the bags under your eyes)

Hayls Mon 26-Feb-07 18:47:10

Tamum, I HAVE to use straighteners!. Not however, on my eye bags, although it might be worth thinking about...Hair is just below chin length with lots of choppy layers and a side fringe (sounds MUCh nicer than it is BTW) but I need to straighten all the kinks out. I was growing it quite long then had a 'model' haircut last summer and they cut in really short so even now it's not caught up yet. I just don't look right with short hair! I've started going to a really fab (read expensive) hairdressers so it's finally back on track now but is still driving me mad.

Will deffo go for lots of water from tomorrow.

As for clothes, I lied slightly as I do have lots of nice things but can never be bothered wearing them and keep them 'for good', which obviously never comes!

Tamum Mon 26-Feb-07 18:50:19

Well I should start wearing your nice clothes too- maybe it will help you feel better, and treat yourself to a few new things I should

lou33 Mon 26-Feb-07 18:50:31

touche eclat makes my eyes go scaly

TLV Mon 26-Feb-07 19:25:01

water? dh has really dark circles under his eyes (he never drinks water, drinks too much alcohol) dehydrated. Avon apparently do something for dark circles which is supposed to be good (not tried it tho) and its a hell of a lot cheaper than premium brand products

If you can get your hands on Physicians Formula concealer in yellow. it's a miracle worker!
I have to bring it over from canada but they might have it here somewhere??

it's this stuff but I don't think you can get it here! sorry!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now