Talk

Advanced search

Navy instead of black?

(14 Posts)
LiquoriceWheel Wed 01-Feb-17 23:17:57

The only trousers that fit me well have sold out in black which leaves me with navy. Is it weird to wear navy everyday, can it be just as classic as black do you think? It's for work and I usually stock up on anything that fits me and looks nice. So should I bulk buy in navy or wait for black to restock which might be never (it depends on other customer returns). I've got a really oddly shaped lower body so these are HG trousers for me. TIA

myknickersknackersknockers Wed 01-Feb-17 23:19:15

I love navy. Looks lovely with brown shoes and can wear with white/cream shirts.

LiquoriceWheel Wed 01-Feb-17 23:20:09

Also the matching jacket is a bit pricey and I can't afford a navy and black jackets iyswim. Has to be one or the other. Sigh, the trials I must go through grincakebrew

JournosAreLazy Wed 01-Feb-17 23:20:44

I wouldn't bulk buy. I'd get one pair of navy and then hope the black cone back into stock

ShatnersBassoon Wed 01-Feb-17 23:22:51

Why would you buy bulk if you're not sure? Just get one pair.

Navy looks much better than black on me. It's not in any way weird to wear it more often than black.

budgetsbonus Wed 01-Feb-17 23:25:40

whaat? weird to wear navy everyday? is it as classic as black? Yes it is, and even more so sometimes.

navy and white with sharp modern lines is so much more flattering for me.

dont bulk buy. see how you get on with navy for a while.

DropZoneOne Wed 01-Feb-17 23:36:42

Navy is great, just as classic. Pair with cobalt blue, teal, lime green, mustard yellow, salmon pink, orange, all manner of pastels and neutrals ... easily as versatile.

LiquoriceWheel Thu 02-Feb-17 01:57:39

Ok. Navy here I come! Thanks everyone winecake

BusterGonad Thu 02-Feb-17 03:42:51

I choose navy over black, I don't really like black but navy is amazing and very flattering.

LadyB49 Thu 02-Feb-17 03:55:07

Navy or charcoal, much better than black.

BusterGonad Thu 02-Feb-17 04:46:31

Lady yes to charcoal but I find it hard to find.

AmeliaJack Thu 02-Feb-17 05:04:22

I look much better in navy than black and would buy it in preference. I also think that navy can often look more expensive than black (even in the same item).

Not sure why wearing navy everyday would be "weird"? Tailoring in my workplace is fairly evenly divided between black, navy and grey.

Silverdream Thu 02-Feb-17 05:04:53

Black hardly suits anyone and isn't flattering. Navy, dark grey or a deep brown are much more flattering and classic. I forced myself to not wear wear black trousers with a coloured blouse or top three years ago and my work wardrobe looks much more stylish yet costs the same as before.

Aderyn2016 Thu 02-Feb-17 10:05:43

I love navy. It is classic and can be less harsh and aging than black (whoch doesn't suit everybody). I think navy can be more versatile for British weather too, wheras black is definitely more of a winter colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now