Talk

Advanced search

What shall I wear to this wedding?

(6 Posts)
mumtomaxwell Wed 01-Feb-17 22:37:11

We're going to a family wedding at the end of March. The couple getting married are about 30 and cool - I am 40 and not at all cool!

I don't want to feel like a middle aged frump, nor do I want to look like I'm trying too hard!!

I'm 5'7, size 12-14, long legs and no boobs! Which shops should I be heading for??

Swimminguphill Wed 01-Feb-17 22:46:01

Depending on budget, self portrait is a bit of a 'thing' brand wise and French Connection/Warehouse do good rip offs. Reiss are good for structured things, quirky dresses from &otherstories. It sounds like you have a great figure for wearing clothes so you could probably wear a sack and look good!

mumtomaxwell Wed 01-Feb-17 23:09:07

Ha ha! Not sure about the sack thing, but thanks smile

I used to shop in Warehouse and French Connection - since DCs arrived I've drifted into mumsy-ness and can't remember the last time I went in either of those shops!!

Swimminguphill Wed 01-Feb-17 23:23:01

This self portrait dress would look great on you: www.matchesfashion.com/products/1069332

Swimminguphill Wed 01-Feb-17 23:26:22

Also some beauties in the Reiss sale of your budget won't stretch www.reiss.com/womens/sale/

LoupGarou Wed 01-Feb-17 23:55:48

That first dress is absolutely stunning swimming if only I had somewhere to wear it to.

Sorry OP, I'm no help otherwise as we're in the US so not sure about UK shops.blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now