Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need comfy pants that don't hurt my groin!

(20 Posts)
GladysKravitz Wed 01-Feb-17 16:11:59

I am so fed up of knickers and I go without as much as possible, but sometimes I need to wear them. I find that all the ones I have cause a horrible pain and redness in the crease between my fanny and leg. It's not so bad when I'm upright but sitting down is torture.

I've been looking at Sloggi maxi briefs but I'm not sure they will be any better, or if I need a longer leg style?

TimTamTerrier Wed 01-Feb-17 16:18:48

I find Sloggi a bit tight around the legs, which is odd because I have thin legs for my clothes size. I wear M&S with the lace waist band and they are nice and soft everywhere. these ones.

CeeceeBloomingdale Wed 01-Feb-17 16:23:50

Cotton boy shorts aren't usually elasticated in that area, maybe try that style?

GladysKravitz Wed 01-Feb-17 16:25:10

Oh Sloggis don't sound like they would help me then. I have lots of M&S pants in 'sensible' styles and they all blummin' hurt!

Ideally I suppose I would wear some men's baggy boxers, but they would create a pretty terrible vpl under my trousers.

TimTamTerrier Wed 01-Feb-17 16:30:15

You could try men's trunks. They are quite snug fitting but edge is on the leg not at the groin. They shouldn't give a vpl unless your trousers are skinnies and quite tight around the thighs.

TimTamTerrier Wed 01-Feb-17 16:45:28

Or Underarmour do underwear with legs for women that might work for you.

bingohandjob Wed 01-Feb-17 18:11:57

Expensive but super soft and comfortable www.vulpine.cc/uk/women-s-extrafine-merino-boyshort-in-black

dudsville Wed 01-Feb-17 21:23:07

I've moved away from elasticated undies. I was for ever digging away at them before. Hope you find some you're happy with. I've got some from gap called "body". They are paper thin and not elasticated. The closest thing to not wearing pants that I've found. I also like the Australian brand called Thunder Pants. Full briefs no elastic and absolutely stay in place. But they are pricey and the prints are odd.

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Wed 01-Feb-17 21:45:16

Do your knickers have elastic around the legs?

Bluntness100 Wed 01-Feb-17 21:55:00

Op it seems they are too small for you, whatever the style? No underwear should cause you pain like this and so many style in soft material available, that if they Are causing you such pain the first thought is they are too small?

Tubbyinthehottub Wed 01-Feb-17 21:59:26

Sounds like you need to try a bigger size?

GladysKravitz Wed 01-Feb-17 23:00:46

Sounds like you need to try a bigger size?

HOW DARE YOU! shock But yes, I have put on some timber lately so this could be part of the problem. They don't feel tight though and it's not like the elastic leaves red lines when I take them off.

Yes they do have elastic around the legs, I think that's why they hurt.

Thank you for all your suggestions, I will look into them (would love the merino ones but sadly £££!). I googled 'cotton boy shorts' and found some that look perfect from F&F for just a fiver and bought them. All the other shorts I had seen weren't even shorts, as surely shorts should come down the leg a bit?

dotdotdotmustdash Wed 01-Feb-17 23:03:37

I got some 'no vpl' knickers from Asda last year and they were excellent. The fabric was thin and was bluntly cut around the legs instead of seamed. They were very comfortable and pretty cheap.

onedsrightnow Wed 01-Feb-17 23:14:50

Primark shorts style knickers ;) very comfy

sippingginandlemon Wed 01-Feb-17 23:22:33

I second the ones Timtamterrier mentioned. Very comfy.

Northernmum100 Wed 01-Feb-17 23:50:09

Another vote for the Asda ones. No seam/elastic at all around the legs and were the only ones I could tolerate after an uncomfortable wax ... blush

Tubbyinthehottub Thu 02-Feb-17 10:18:04

Sorry Gladys! I always buy knickers in a bigger size to the rest of my clothes though blush

rubybleu Thu 02-Feb-17 11:25:54

I've got this problem and my favourite knickers ever are Victoria's Secret Seamless Cheekini. They are amazing - don't hurt the skin between my groin & upper thigh, and don't ride up into my bottom.

www.victoriassecret.com/panties/cheekies-and-cheekinis/cheekini-panty-seamless?ProductID=302917&CatalogueType=OLS

I also really like Sloggi Double Comfort Tai knickers as they have an extra soft terry gusset area that doesn't run/irritate. They are a bit more matronly than VS though smile

blodynmawr Thu 02-Feb-17 12:27:21

M&S Microfibre are the holy grail in comfort for me and there are various shapes/styles to choose from. HTH smile

llangennith Thu 02-Feb-17 12:29:32

I'm fat and wear M&S big knickers. Very comfortablesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now