Talk

Advanced search

Warm Trousers

(8 Posts)
WarmTrs Wed 01-Feb-17 10:50:49

Not necessarily stylish or beautiful...

I'm going on a city break and the weather is very cold.

I need some warm trousers that won't stick to my legs like jeans would if they get wet.

I've bought base layers (top), coat, hat, scarf and gloves etc.
Also have footwear sorted.
But the trousers are proving more difficult.

I ordered 2 pairs of "thermal" trousers from Decathlon, but they're REALLY thin. Surely they won't keep me warm?

I'm clueless. Thanks in advance, I'm normally a beach and bikini woman!

piefacerecords Wed 01-Feb-17 11:31:07

Jodhpurs? As in real ones from an equestrian store.

I have a few pairs, black, navy and beige and I wear them a lot over the winter. They are lovely and warm, as easy to wear as leggings, but because they're much thicker and more styled they are much more flattering.

I have Sheldon ones if that's any help...

Petalbird Wed 01-Feb-17 12:03:38

Getting anything warm is hard I would suggest wearing thermals or leggings and /or tights (depending on the cold) under your normal trousers

Melstarrynight Wed 01-Feb-17 12:17:28

Y husband has some fleece lined ones from craghoppers from a couple of years ago. Might be worth a look.

OCSockOrphanage Wed 01-Feb-17 13:54:24

Lands End (or LL Bean) sometimes/normally have flannel lined jeans in their winter catalogues. Or skin tight cross country ski leggings under normal trousers. We have some from a watersport company called Icon which are good under wetsuit legs for endurance winter canoeing.

kittykarate Wed 01-Feb-17 14:41:16

Regatta and Craghoppers do 'warm' trousers with a fleece lining.

Something like www.regatta.com/womens-fenton-trousers-black-0-14.html or www.craghoppers.com/kiwi-pro-winter-lined-trousers-black-0-9.html

Or you could just layer up and add a pair of leggings under your normal clothes. The girls I go ice skating with swear by some fleecy lined leggings from Primark.

WarmTrs Wed 01-Feb-17 22:31:45

Thanks all. Plenty to look into.
I'm shivering already confused

WarmTrs Wed 01-Feb-17 22:32:53

Thanks for the links Kitty, they look perfect x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now