Talk

Advanced search

After a couple of nice warm jumpers please

(18 Posts)
LardLizard Wed 01-Feb-17 10:30:03

any ideas
Many thanks

Jointhejoyrun75 Wed 01-Feb-17 10:51:45

Try Boden clearance? There are a few there and usually good quality. I also like Uniqlo, especially the fine knit merino ones.

LiefieLiefie Wed 01-Feb-17 18:13:26

I've just bought a couple of the crew neck jumpers from Warehouse. Slim fitting, flattering if you have big boobs and warm.

VictoriaMcdade Wed 01-Feb-17 18:23:23

Do you want thick or thin?

If thin, get some Boden Cashmere, Or I actually think Pure Collection is better quality.

My warmest jumper is a Seasalt FairIsle one. I't n to particularly stylish, but it's really warm and thick.

fiorentina Wed 01-Feb-17 18:48:22

Uniqlo are a good bet. Wash well and are reasonable quality

Madbengalmum Wed 01-Feb-17 18:49:31

Cant beat good quality cashmere, try pure collection.

LardLizard Thu 02-Feb-17 18:03:28

Thanks, I don't mind think or thin, but need some warm ones , I do have a few thin jumpers but they are not really warm enough on cold days, although maybe I should try a thermal vest or something underneath them

I've never actually tied thermals before

The crew neck warehouse ones sound good as I do have big boobs

Euphemia Thu 02-Feb-17 19:40:53

Woolovers have a huge choice and lots of colours.

Ilovetorrentialrain Thu 02-Feb-17 19:45:56

I love Superdry jumpers for warmth & excellent qulaity - I just hate the branding on their things. I choose ones with the label sewn on the outside (no other branding) and unpick the stitches to remove.

reapercrew Thu 02-Feb-17 19:49:51

Second superdry I have some that are coming up to 5 years old worn & washed lots of times & still good as new. Agree with the labelling but don't think they're as garish now as they used to be most just have a small label on the hem

Ilovetorrentialrain Thu 02-Feb-17 20:00:28

Reaper - agree. They're like a secret shop for me - I'm not their demographic I don't think - but ooh the quality!

This kind of thing:

www.superdry.com/womens/knitwear/details/64469/albany-texture-knit-jumper-navy

OP - not got this but it looks lovely and warm: www.superdry.com/womens/knitwear/details/63382/kiki-cable-knit-jumper-cream

imjessie Thu 02-Feb-17 20:11:59

My cold friend always wears vests , I think this is the key for cold people really.

Foxesarefriends Thu 02-Feb-17 20:15:06

I rate Boden cashmere, less bobbling than I feared too.

Sadik Thu 02-Feb-17 20:29:55

My best ultra-warm jumper is from Pachamama, I get loads of positive comments on it when the weather turns cold and it comes out. I'm very tempted to buy this one in the sale (probably in the 'bark').

FishlessCake Fri 03-Feb-17 09:59:28

I also agree with superdry. I would never wear their waterproof jackets but have some lovely jumpers and dresses and you wouldn't know they are superdry. I've just got a velvet bomber jacket on the sale. Their eBay outlet have major bargains

NotMeNoNo Fri 03-Feb-17 11:36:32

Woolovers for Proper Wooly Jumpers. Lambswool and what they call "100% Pure wool" (which is a fisherman/outdoor type of wool) are the warmest, they do the sort of big snuggly jumper you would borrow from your DP as well as all the usual ladies styles. Put a merino thermal (in shops/Aldi for ski underwear) under it. That's what I did when we had builders in and no central heating all winter. e.g. this

Ilovetorrentialrain Mon 06-Feb-17 18:15:21

Thanks for the link Fishless

Brillenbar Mon 06-Feb-17 19:15:09

I also rate boden cashmere but the real breakthrough is wearing uniqlo long sleeved thermal tops under everything. Then you can still wear your thin jumpers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now