Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Talk to me about the necklace(s) you're wearing at the moment

(63 Posts)
vengabus Wed 01-Feb-17 09:24:51

I need some necklace inspiration. Longer, reasonably subtle ones suit me but I'm interested to hear what you have on or love at the moment.

TIA

Butterpuff Wed 01-Feb-17 09:39:51

I'm wearing silver and amber today. Its a round ball of amber with a swirl of silver around it which my Mum bought me for Christmas a couple of year ago and I love. Also have amber silver earing on to match.

I'm a bit in love with these at the moment

Judydreamsofhorses Wed 01-Feb-17 10:21:21

Right now I am wearing this:

www.tattydevine.com/gilbert-george-gin-necklace

I have quite a lot of Tatty Devine - love their stuff.

AllFurCoatNoKnickera Wed 01-Feb-17 10:32:44

Another Tatty Devine fan here. I chop and change between their name necklace with DS name on it and a red heart on a 22inch gold chain.

For work I usually wear a Tiffany necklace from the infinity collection.

user1485942219 Wed 01-Feb-17 10:35:41

Right now i'm wearing this:

www.gloverandsmith.co.uk/product/220/Acorn_Necklace_%7C_UK_Handmade_Acorn_and_Oak_Leaf_Jewellery_Designs/

It was a Christmas present from my Mum last year, inside it had a note that said 'Mighty oaks from little acorns grow.' The reason for it being that i had a uni interview in early Jan, this was for a complete career change (as a mature student blush), so it was for good luck. It worked... i got a place on the course, THANKS MUM!

DancingHouse Wed 01-Feb-17 12:49:28

I'm wearing a silver Victorian egg perfume locket on a long ish (22inch) snake chain.

The locket opens horizontally across the egg and during Victorian times you would put a rag or cloth soaked in some essential oils inside to cover up bad smells.

Similar to www.google.co.uk/search?q=silver+victorian+egg+perfume+locket&client=firefox-b&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjs_ceH9u7RAhViJJoKHX6oDycQ_AUIBigB#mhpiv=2

FiddleFigs Wed 01-Feb-17 13:42:36

I'm wearing a silver Alex Monroe Baby Bee necklace. It was a present from my mum when DD was born (her initial is B). I wear it most days (sometimes layered with another necklace).

Scoose Wed 01-Feb-17 13:50:08

Another tatty Devine fan here I'm currently wearing http://www.tattydevine.com/necklaces-page-3 but also have this and this I just love them when not wearing these I wear one of these with dds first and middle name and date of birth engraved

Scoose Wed 01-Feb-17 13:51:29

My first link didn't work it should be this

imthelastsplash Wed 01-Feb-17 13:59:29

Excuse the matronly angle

allfurcoatnoknickers Wed 01-Feb-17 14:30:15

Currently wearing this from Anthropologie.

I've had a lot of compliments. The letter is pretty sizable, so it makes a subtle statement.

FannyFifer Wed 01-Feb-17 14:49:02

Currently wearing this, i have a few necklaces from same designer.
Love his stuff.
http://www.alanardiff.com/shop/butterfly-kisses-pendant-2/

vengabus Wed 01-Feb-17 14:51:00

Oh wow...amazing necklaces. All of them are gorgeous. Thank you for all the inspiration.

I'm going to have a proper look through the Tatty Devine website.

HotLipsHooligan Wed 01-Feb-17 15:53:44

Muru jewellery is nice

Oblomov17 Wed 01-Feb-17 15:57:45

Loving all of these!!

bingohandjob Wed 01-Feb-17 18:14:36

Lucy Q Smartie locket. I love it www.gemportjewellery.co.uk/product/small-smartie-locket-lucyq-birmingham/

HelsBels5000 Wed 01-Feb-17 18:18:40

Stella & Dot Cassidy collar - its a beaut!

bingohandjob Wed 01-Feb-17 18:19:23

My lovely, subtle locket is day to day - this is my more in your face style www.blackheartcreatives.com/product/david-bowie-heroes-necklace?ref=category-poptraits - BHC do some great pieces.

SecretLimonadeDrinker Wed 01-Feb-17 18:26:37

Wow, some beautiful necklaces, may have to send DH a link to this thread for Mother's Day inspiration!

Imthelastsplash, do you mind saying where your necklace is from?

sonlypuppyfat Wed 01-Feb-17 18:28:39

Gold chain, gold cross

RustyBear Wed 01-Feb-17 18:38:03

This silver and mother of pearl dragonfly, bought for me by DD from a woman who used to have a stall in Broad Street in Reading. She had some lovely pieces - I don't know if she made them herself or got them from someone else - and DD bought me a lot of them over the years before she moved away.

YouWereRight Wed 01-Feb-17 20:36:21

Today I wore a dandilion locket, very similar to Last Splash's.

I usually wear a tatty devine heart tattoo necklace though I've been trying to branch out this year, and wear some others that I own.

DonaldFlump Wed 01-Feb-17 20:40:53

I'm wearing this Sheila Fleet thistle which was the first present my DH gave me.

whatiswrongwithyou Wed 01-Feb-17 20:45:55

Both silver, neither expensive.

Madbengalmum Wed 01-Feb-17 20:51:59

My Chopard rose gold teddy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: