Talk

Advanced search

Long tops

(5 Posts)
Uglycoyote Wed 01-Feb-17 07:47:58

Hi,

I'm sick of tops, particularly basic t-shirts and vest, being too short for me. I'm only 5ft6, so not that tall. Anybody got any recommendations as to where does tops that are a bit longer and actually cover the waist and tummy properly? I find M&S terribly short. Some Oasis tops are ok, some aren't. I've got a couple of Primark vests that are perfect, but I've not seen any like them recently, and they're coming to the end of their life. Are tall ranges worth trying, even though I'm not really what I'd consider tall? In terms of high street shops, no particular budget really. Happy to pay more for something I'll actually wear, if that's what's needed.

I never used to have a problem with this, and given that I'm 38, I doubt I've grown much in the last few years. Or are clothes just poorer quality?

rosesandcashmere Wed 01-Feb-17 11:33:01

I'm 5'11 so have this problem often! M&S are always very short. Surprisingly Sainsbury's are often long. Tall ranges will have super long arms - good for me, not for you - Next do great long line vests which are very similar but better quality to the primark ones. Again some of their tops are longer but it's hit and miss. H&M are worth a go as are Cos and Banana Republic for work tops etc. Good luck!

Uglycoyote Wed 01-Feb-17 13:56:03

Thanks. I'll have a look in Sainsbury's - off there tomorrow. I hadn't thought about sleeve length. I suppose it's less of an issue for vests and short sleeves, might try a tall range top next time I'm near somewhere that sells them to see how long they are. Hadn't thought of Cos or Banana Republic.

rosesandcashmere Wed 01-Feb-17 16:13:43

For short sleeved t-shirts etc a tall range would work well. Hope you find something!

ChishandFips33 Wed 01-Feb-17 19:53:24

Matalan do longer length vest tops in a variety of colours

I mostly wear them under things for additional warmth or for layering. They are £4 and sometimes come up on offers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now