Talk

Advanced search

So I need a moisturiser...

(10 Posts)
flutterworc Tue 31-Jan-17 23:31:33

... and have no clue. Mid 30s and am lucky enough to have avoided 'wrinkly' skin on both sides, so no real concerns in that respect. However, it's getting increasingly dry and flaky which is a pain. Have never really used it, other than a quick smear on the rare occasions I put slap on. Anyone got good recommendations?

_Key info_:
Flaky dry skin on cheeks
Oily T-zone
Skin can be just a little sensitive with heavily perfumed products
Large pores on nose
Tendency towards spots along jaw line & chin, blocked pores and whiteheads everywhere else!
Some scarring from teenage acne
Some issues with ingrowing hair on chin(--s--) thanks for that, PCOS
Budget £10-40ish

Any thoughts? Thanks!

flutterworc Wed 01-Feb-17 17:34:18

Any one? she wailed desperately

IwannabeanElf Wed 01-Feb-17 17:40:57

Hey I have sensitive skin which can be dry and flakey. And pretty much all describe. I have been using Nivea Daily Essential's, the dry/sensitive range. It's brilliant I use both the day and night cream.
It's not too expensive either. Well within your budget anyway!!
I've not had any dry patches since using it, still get the odd spot, but only when I'm rundown.
Can't recommend it enough!!

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Wed 01-Feb-17 17:46:58

My god, you've described the same face as mine! Hello!

I use very little moisturiser. I switch face wash products between Kiehls blue herbal gel cleanser (dry skin), Clinique mild soap bar (greasy) and Dermalogica daily microfoliant (spotty or ingrown hairs), depending on the issue of the day.

I use Boots No7 protect and perfect, the one for 20-somethings I refuse to be 35 because it has salicylic acid in it. I use the eye cream religiously and the face cream when I have dry skin or am working outdoors all day.

Cakescakescakes Wed 01-Feb-17 17:48:25

I like Clinique moisture Surge. Good alrounder. Very hydrating with zero greasy feeling and fragrance free. Lots of the more purse friendly options e.g. Nivea I find too heavily perfumed for my liking.

JayneW63 Wed 01-Feb-17 17:57:55

OK, I had dry flaky nose, with blocked pores down the side of my nose, and other strange rough bits on my face.

I bought an ENJO face mitt and after about a month all the faulty bits have cleaned up, really , really , really. You only use warm water no soap, or scrubs. Google it, seriously it's the best kept secret ever. Bought it for christmas for my girls, both have acne, and it's helping on that front too.

Before that I had a fabulously expensive scrub and facemask combo from Iceland ( over £100) and had been given a Dior night cream. They were lovely to use but they didn't improve my skin at all. Before that the sea mineral stuff, before that the Propolis gel ( £65). The night "time bomb" serum, that was a present and once I even tried a home made aspirin face mask top tip,don't. But I haven't bought anything since last May when I got the ENJO mitt.

i know you don't know me from Adam, but take it from an old skin care tart this is the best thing ever. here's a linkhttp://www.enjo.com/html/uk/products/enjo-products/skin-care/face-duoglove

ThinkPinkStink Wed 01-Feb-17 18:07:56

Liz Earle Skin Repair Light Moisturiser. Done!

flutterworc Thu 02-Feb-17 18:27:38

Thanks folks! Will be hunting down some samples and purchasing a face cloth then!

FuckingHateRats Thu 02-Feb-17 18:43:08

Liz Earle here. Also a big fan of Aldi caviar stuff, and the Superdrug Vitamin E moisture surge.

Fantasticmissfoxy Thu 02-Feb-17 18:54:52

Your skin sounds very similar to mine and the only thing that has ever sorted it out has been Kiehl's facewash followed by Aurelia day moisturizer and night moisturizer - they are genuinely amazing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now