Talk

Advanced search

Plus size clothes for boys?

(12 Posts)
Baconsarnie Tue 31-Jan-17 23:26:27

Does anyone know where I can buy a generous size suit for my 9 yr old DS? He's quite tall, but the problem is nothing fits him around the waist. He's in age 12 trousers that I hem. But now he needs a suit for an occasion and I've no idea where I can buy one that fits.

RTKangaMummy Tue 31-Jan-17 23:27:18

GAP do a range for boys can't remember range name

RTKangaMummy Tue 31-Jan-17 23:27:48

They have adjustable waistbands thingys

Baconsarnie Tue 31-Jan-17 23:28:02

Do they RT? Thanks! Will take a look.

TheCakes Tue 31-Jan-17 23:29:13

Next Directory, I'd say. They have slim fit and plus fit and have a range of suits and smart boys clothes.
I buy slim fit for one of my boys, who is a teenage beanpole, and plus fit for the other, who is more of a rugby player build.

TheCakes Tue 31-Jan-17 23:30:43

When I say Directory, I mean online too, obvs. They just don't tend to carry the stock in the shops unless you order it in.

RTKangaMummy Tue 31-Jan-17 23:31:13

Well about 10 + years ago they did when DS was younger

they were very discreet waistbands sort of elastic with buttons but inside actual waistband so couldn't see from outside iyswim

Baconsarnie Tue 31-Jan-17 23:36:11

Thanks, TheCakes. Rugby player is exactly how I'd describe DS's build.

38cody Tue 31-Jan-17 23:44:59

M&S?

Cakescakescakes Tue 31-Jan-17 23:49:19

M and S do plus fit school uniform so maybe they do the same in some of their smart clothes too?

ChocoChou Tue 31-Jan-17 23:51:12

I remember seeing in Debenhams a generous fit alongside a slim fit. Think they're trying to cater to all...
(Think it was Debenhams... mightve been BHS which is of no use to you now, Sorry!)

PickAChew Tue 31-Jan-17 23:56:26

None of the next suits appear to come in plus size, but some of their school trousers definitely do, so you might be able to team black school trousers with a black or contrasting jacket.

I've always found standard M&S sizes to be wide.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now