Talk

Advanced search

Tips and motivation for drinking more water

(11 Posts)
milkyman Tue 31-Jan-17 18:28:56

I don't drink enough and need to motivate myself to do so. Does it really work wonders for tired, 41 year old skin?

Laiste Tue 31-Jan-17 18:34:25

Yes! Do it. Drink more water it's good for everything!

My tip is to buy some small bottles of mineral water. Line as many up as you want to drink that day (3, 4, 5?) where you can see them in your kitchen. Know they need drinking by the end of the day. Decide roughly what time you're going to drink each one and ... do it! Don't leave the room till you've finished the one you're meant to be drinking.

If you're going out take as many as you need with you and drink them when you decided you would.

Sounds a bit OTT but this is the only thing which works for me.

glenthebattleostrich Tue 31-Jan-17 18:34:26

I feel better when I drink more water. My tips

Keep a full glass in sight, you are more likely to drink it. Fill up when it empties.

Set a reminder on your phone

GruochMacAlpin Tue 31-Jan-17 18:38:15

I discovered recently that I drink more (almost double) through a water bottle with a straw

Tweedledee3Tweedledum Tue 31-Jan-17 18:41:53

Drink a pint when you get up in the morning, at lunch time, dinner time and before you go to bed.

When out and about, always carry a bottle with you,

BanjoStarz Wed 01-Feb-17 11:50:53

I've started drinking fruit teas at work - but cold.

I brew a concentrated shot of fruit tea then add it to a large (500 ml) beaker of water, I can easily get through three of these a day just at work.

It's non caffeinated so just flavoured water really, but way better for you than squash!

DavidPuddy Wed 01-Feb-17 13:24:59

I have a litr bottle that I know I need to fill up and drink at least twice a day. I just take it with me from room to room, or out and about, and I tend to get through it.

The outcome is so worth it, I am softer all over since I started drinking regularly and my skin is really clear. My nails never break, either.

Moonywormtailpadfootprongs Wed 01-Feb-17 13:35:48

Invest in a water bottle. preferably one with a straw and leak proof.

- Easy to keep at your desk (if thats the type of work you do)
- Easy to carry around...without needing to buy a bottle of water. Mine is strapped to my bag...so no need to put it on the inside.

Jmangel Wed 01-Feb-17 14:56:46

I've gone from practically no water to around 2.4 litres a day in a few weeks - I look 5 years younger - I'm 44, have more energy and don't eat crape anymore. I only allow myself to drink water and 1 espresso every day - no other drinks - I drank tea til it came out of my ears before but then would always want a biscuit plus my breath smelt awful
I use a 800ml large water bottle and start drinking as soon as I wake up - take it into the shower/face/make up etc and won't let myself have my espresso until I've drank that 1st 800mls. Then fill up again and say I have to drink second one by lunch time, then 3rd in afternoon/evening. It's amazing how the more you drink, the more you want to drink plus it starts to taste sweet after a while.
I now call water Beauty Juice as feel it has done more for my skin than all of potions I have.

sauronskitten Thu 02-Feb-17 01:05:52

I don't have one, but you could try getting a fruit infuser water bottle -- examples below

http://www.loseweightbyeating.com/best-fruit-infused-water-bottle-reviews/

BeforeWeFade Thu 02-Feb-17 08:01:50

Jmangel – It's amazing how the more you drink, the more you want to drink plus it starts to taste sweet after a while.

Exactly! I had to force myself to drink enough water in the first few weeks after I made a decision to drink more water each day, but now I feel thirsty if I don't have a glass or bottle of water always available at my desk. And it does seem to taste better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now