Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

skin care confusion - making things worse?

(13 Posts)
plotmissinginaction Tue 31-Jan-17 17:51:10

So I didn't really have a routine. I just washed in warm water and then used a moisturiser. That was it. I settled on that after everything else I tried on my skin irritated it.

After reading about on here for a bit I added in nip & fab pads and the dragons blood serum and I started to use coconut oil and do the ocm with it a couple of times a week.

My skin mostly looks better and feels softer but I have been breaking out on my chin which I don't normally do. Get the odd spot in the run up to my period and that is about it.

So I am a bit stuck as to what I should do next. Cut both out? Cut one out? Try something else? Give it time to settle? I have no idea!

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 31-Jan-17 18:06:07

You could avoid the chin area?.

SilentlyScreamingAgain Tue 31-Jan-17 18:21:51

It's most likely to be the coconut oil, it clogs your pores and it's almost impossible to remove.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Tue 31-Jan-17 18:24:28

Of course you break out, it's the coconut oil.

Softkitty2 Tue 31-Jan-17 18:26:32

Coconut oil is comedogenic-- blocks pores

violetgrey Tue 31-Jan-17 19:29:21

Definitely cut out the coconut oil. If you like oil cleansing switch to DHC oil or something similar. I fell for coconut hype last year and it took me ages to sort out my skin afterwards.

tryingtogetbacktome Tue 31-Jan-17 19:32:18

Agree with all the rest.

My regime currently
Nip and fab pad
Skinceuticals c e Ferulic
Daytime - Heliocare
Nightmare Keighs midnight recovery.

Skin better than EVER before

plotmissinginaction Tue 31-Jan-17 19:47:17

Ah fab thanks. I read good stuff about the coconut oil. I'll keep it in the kitchen from now on!

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Tue 31-Jan-17 19:50:21

See how it goes, if there's no change then the oil isn't to blame.

plotmissinginaction Tue 31-Jan-17 20:41:25

That Skinceuticals stuff isn't cheap is it!

SilentlyScreamingAgain Tue 31-Jan-17 21:32:23

The Ordinary Vic C is good and cheap if you want to see if it agrees with you but give your skin a chance to calm down first.

ordinaries.com/product/rdn-vitamin-c-suspension-23pct-ha-spheres-2pct-30ml

LiquoriceWheel Tue 31-Jan-17 21:45:45

Maybe you're using too many new products too soon? I went on a skincare sample binge one year and it did more harm than good blush

plotmissinginaction Tue 31-Jan-17 22:14:32

Yes I think I was a tad trigger happy there. I'm having a just turned forty panic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now