Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Slightly random but - "cool" tshirt to wear with blazer and jeans?

(26 Posts)
EssentialHummus Tue 31-Jan-17 14:44:05

I'm looking for a t-shirt / top that will look good with a black blazer, jeans and Chelsea boots (what I wear most days). I usually wear plain colours but wondering if I can get away with some logo/motif/image type tops to liven things up a bit.

I'm 31 and a size 10/12. Large-ish breasts, so no round necks for me.

This is the sort of thing I was thinking. Has anyone seen any others?

Swimminguphill Tue 31-Jan-17 14:47:14

Check out doesmybumlook40 blog. She has recently done a post about tshirts which I think would fit your bill. I like the 'French kissing in the USA' one but can't bring myself to buy it at the moment iyswim

ErnieAndBernie Tue 31-Jan-17 15:21:30

I like the copper metallic stripe grey t-shirt on hush. That could look good. What about All Saints?

NewPantsforaNewYear Tue 31-Jan-17 17:10:49

How funny. Without looking at your link, I was going to suggest this one!

NewPantsforaNewYear Tue 31-Jan-17 17:16:21

These J Crew metallic ones are meant to be nice - v Isabel Marant...

realhousewifeoffitzrovia Tue 31-Jan-17 17:18:00

I love the Hush lightning one. I also think a Paris Review t-shirt, such as is sported by the divine Zadie Smith, is super-cool:

Buttwing Tue 31-Jan-17 17:22:59

I've just ordered the hush lightening one. I've got big boobs (32ff) but I think it will be ok as the neck looks a bit lower than a usual round neck. I would have liked the black but it's already sold out in my size.

allfurcoatnoknickers Tue 31-Jan-17 18:46:37

I'm a huge fan of Chaser t-shirts: www.chaserbrand.com/

Floisme Tue 31-Jan-17 19:31:04

I like a similar outfit and this is never off my back at the moment although admittedly I paid less than half price for it.

I'm slightly obsessed with some of the others too.

BikeRunSki Tue 31-Jan-17 19:37:39

You might like Pearl and Earl

Swimminguphill Tue 31-Jan-17 19:40:43

Oh no bikerunski some of those are terrible rip offs of the selfish mama ones who give 50% of profits to charity.

BikeRunSki Tue 31-Jan-17 19:45:12

interesting tops here too

hecallsmebunny Tue 31-Jan-17 19:45:54

Glad I had a look here...nothing to suggest though I'm afraid!

BikeRunSki Tue 31-Jan-17 19:46:27

Oh! sad I don't know Selfish Mama.

Swimminguphill Tue 31-Jan-17 19:51:30

bikerunski have a look and tell me if I'm mad? Tis possible... www.thefmlystore.com/collections/women

Swimminguphill Tue 31-Jan-17 19:54:31

They had a black sparkle one at Xmas I nearly ordered which struck me as similar to one on the site you linked to... goo.gl/images/VHa6Wu

EssentialHummus Tue 31-Jan-17 20:05:21

Thank you all - some great suggestions. I think swimming's link is spot on.

newpants - great minds wink

BikeRunSki Tue 31-Jan-17 20:08:32

Swimming they are similar, but Selfish Mother is all word designs, and Pearl & Earl is mainly symbols/pictures/initials.

Swimminguphill Tue 31-Jan-17 20:13:48

Fair point, I guess the mama one and the sparkle one looked suspicious to me grin

SomewhereNow Tue 31-Jan-17 21:48:30

I ordered the Hush lightening one but returned it as it was terrible quality for the money (as can be the case with Hush) - the lightening bit was all wrinkled and seemed badly applied.

DrScholl Tue 31-Jan-17 21:55:17

oh fuck dont get a mum t shirt

NewPantsforaNewYear Tue 31-Jan-17 21:55:34

I don't know if the Silk Fred lightning bolt I linked to would be any better quality Somewhere. It may be worth a look.

EssentialHummus Tue 31-Jan-17 21:56:54

dr as in, a shirt with "mum" on it? I won't!

DrScholl Wed 01-Feb-17 06:33:31

Those winging it ones

simmonsbythesea Wed 01-Feb-17 08:15:40

DrScholl slightly churlish of you considering they are for charity, made by a small independent company rather than a chain, and have an ethical supply source. Yes the words used are limited, but are used for a reason. I'd rather one of them that some of the stupidly naff slogans H&M and Hush churn out...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: