Talk

Advanced search

What shoes do you wear in the rain?

(20 Posts)
StraightWalkingCrab Tue 31-Jan-17 13:48:14

I have snow boots, but they're not rain proof. I have open fronted shoes with closed toe, but then my feet get wet. I have proper wellies for puddle stomping with the Dc but I need to go into town, not the forest. I have trainer type shoes, but they've never been tested in rain before and although they should be ok, the bottoms of my trousers will get wet and make my ankles cold and probably still get wet feet. I've hiking boots, but that seems excessive for a walk to the bus and into town.
So, what do normal people wear on their feet when it's pissing it down and you have to go out for an hour or three?

ErrolTheDragon Tue 31-Jan-17 14:29:32

If it was really pissing down, goretex walking shoes. If not that bad, leather ankle boots generally suffice. Depends what else you're wearing of course - either of those is ok with jeans.

EverythingEverywhere1234 Tue 31-Jan-17 14:32:00

If it's rivers in the road, get to the ark weather, my Toggi Canyons or my Ariats
If it's wet but I'm not quite a drowned rat just yet, then leather ankle or knee high boots
If it's just drizzle and frizz(l)ing my hair, then flat pumps is grand

Artandco Tue 31-Jan-17 14:33:12

Leather boots usually. Have various heights and styles

Would wear hiking books if it was really bad or Wellingtons if needed also

ChipmunkSundays Tue 31-Jan-17 14:35:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Surreyblah Tue 31-Jan-17 14:36:21

Flat boots for school run.

Most trainers cope OK in general rain. I change when get to work.

For country walks or hardcore rain days - waterproof trainers.

snowgirl1 Tue 31-Jan-17 14:37:28

If I'm going to be walking on pavements (aot somewhere muddy), I just wear what I'd normally wear - usually leather ankle boots.

imthelastsplash Tue 31-Jan-17 14:38:00

Dr martens - suitable for all weather (although I am firmly stuck in 1990)

ChocoChou Tue 31-Jan-17 14:38:37

Timberlands or hunters if I'm walking the dog through the local bog grin

OCSockOrphanage Tue 31-Jan-17 15:24:43

Wellies or walking boots if SockDog is involved; leather boots in town.

QueenoftheAndals Tue 31-Jan-17 15:29:27

I bought a pair of knee high gore tea boots by Ecco from TK Maxx about 5 years ago for £30 and they are so waterproof and warm that I'd have paid four times that. I wear them to work and then change into other shoes or ankle boots once I reach the office.

Petalbird Tue 31-Jan-17 15:36:06

New rocks for all weathers just avoid puddles with cloth ones

Crabbo Tue 31-Jan-17 15:47:17

Goretex hiking boots. Probably a bit overkill sometimes but my feet are toasty and dry and I like the outdoorsy kind of look anyway. Trainers if its just a bit drizzly though.

ChishandFips33 Tue 31-Jan-17 19:10:22

Dr Martens - traditional ankle or the zip side calf length

Cat ankle boots - fur lined, had them a few years now

Swap to 'work' boots/shoes once inside

...brogues

Have just found these Cats and rather like them grin
You are a terrible influence OP!

StraightWalkingCrab Tue 31-Jan-17 20:21:42

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be taking a look. Ecco are out, they don't make in my size. Those are lovely Chish but I have a SN 7 year old and need to be able to run if need be sad

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 31-Jan-17 20:56:07

I have Ugg biker boots which are great in the rain, but not very attractive. I wear those to walk to/from work - a good 30 minutes each way - but change into normal boots when I get in.

user1485899292 Tue 31-Jan-17 21:54:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Danglybits Tue 31-Jan-17 21:55:51

Knee length leather boots. Normal ones from Clarks. Feet always stay dry.

neveradullmoment99 Tue 31-Jan-17 22:49:52

I have Doc marten boots or Isle jacobsen boots if it is really wet. I have grey ones. They are a bit funky. I put cosy insoles in them and wear them with thick woolly socks.

bingohandjob Tue 31-Jan-17 22:55:14

Ecco gore-tex trainers/shoes then change in work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now