Brazilian Hair Straightening kits - any regular users please?

(49 Posts)
heidipi Tue 31-Jan-17 13:18:02

I've bought the Keratin Kits box from Amazon in the past but the usual one is no longer available - there's something that looks similar by Cocochoco on Amazon and Ebay but different size and price. If anyone has bought recently would you mind sharing where from? I'd love to hear about other good brands or even non-permanent blow dry sprays that work too - thanks!

FizzyBubbly Tue 31-Jan-17 18:01:16

No help as I'm in same situation, but hopefully a bump will help!

heidipi Tue 31-Jan-17 18:25:31

Thanks fizzy! I bought the Tresemme 7 day keratin creme today as an interim - was reluctant to buy the shampoo and conditioner too as the whole lot would cost about the same as the Keratin Kit did, and that definitely works!

BusterTheBulldog Tue 31-Jan-17 18:33:02

I'm considering having a Brazilian blowout at salon-are these kits similar then? Is it difficult to do?

teawamutu Tue 31-Jan-17 21:06:58

Nooooooooo! It's the only thing that keeps my horrible hair under control!

Will have to try chocoloco and report back. Luckily only did mine just before Christmas, so a few weeks to go yet.

heidipi Tue 31-Jan-17 22:50:08

I know - I need it now! Was planning to order from Amazon today and be straightening on Thursday!! My hair is massive in this drizzly mist 😱 I was so sure the S&B ladies would know....

heidipi Tue 31-Jan-17 22:53:18

Buster yes it's pretty straightforward, just takes a couple of hours of washing, drying, painting the stuff on, drying again and then lots of straightening. Loads cheaper than in a salon and lasts at least a couple of months.

BusterTheBulldog Tue 31-Jan-17 23:34:57

Ooh great! My hair is out of control in this weather, thanks for getting back to me heidi off to investigate now.

heidipi Tue 07-Feb-17 22:55:01

I was like something out of an Amazon advert this morning. Walked to work in the horrid damp air, got in the lift and both recoiled and gasped at my reflection - large, fluffy, round hair. Had ordered the Chocoloco by the time I got out of the lift at the 5th floor grin. It better work like the old stuff.

BusterTheBulldog Wed 08-Feb-17 17:07:16

Same heidipi left a message with hairdresser to see what cost of having it done there is though! Hate this weather angry

Aridane Wed 08-Feb-17 17:24:35

I use Groupon to access salon deals on the Brazilian keratin straightening. Haven't been disappointed yet ( and no hard sell on salt free shampoos you're to use afterwards)

AgathaF Wed 08-Feb-17 17:31:32

Oh no!!! I've got a half a pot left that I was going to use next week. I hope the other one is as good. Some of the reviews are a bit iffy.

seasidesally Wed 08-Feb-17 19:02:13

oh no ive just read that the company is closing down and they are totally sold ou tof the keratin and wont be getting anymore,so thats that

looked on ebay,no good

someone else must sell this surly

anybody tried any other kits,i have no idea what im gonna do,i could cry

heidipi Wed 08-Feb-17 20:19:32

Closing down and no keratin left?!?!?!? This is a disaster.

Aridane how much do you usually post with a Groupon discount? Might have to look into that.

seasidesally Wed 08-Feb-17 20:33:23

national disaster for those of us that use it and live by it

no idea what im gonna use

they must of had loads of orders and a healthy order sheet,somebody else must sell it but im having no luck so farconfused

heidipi Wed 08-Feb-17 20:49:45

Brazilian Hair Straightening / Blow Dry Home Keratin Treatment 100ml KIT www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YUNTA9U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.p4MybYAC4KY3?tag=mumsnetforum-21. This is the one on Amazon now - sorry for amateur link!

seasidesally Wed 08-Feb-17 20:53:47

oh thanks will take a look,have you used it yourself?

seasidesally Wed 08-Feb-17 21:02:05

looks promising with the reviews,mine will need doing in approx 6 weeks so time to find an alternative,i hope grin

Aridane Wed 08-Feb-17 21:10:07

Heidipi - I usually pay £39 or £49 on Groupon in London

Manijo Wed 08-Feb-17 21:39:07

Gutted! thought they were just out of stock. We will all have to try the new one and report back

heidipi Wed 08-Feb-17 22:08:34

Thanks Aridane, I'll have a look at Groupon. It would be nice to have a professional do it!

Seasidesally not yet but mine should arrive any day and I'll have a go next week (everything crossed)

BusterTheBulldog Thu 09-Feb-17 13:14:51

Am booked into salon on sat! If all goes well, I'll then try and do it myself next time.

Whilst you can't wash it, are you ok to still go to gym / get sweaty etc?

specialsubject Thu 09-Feb-17 16:58:41

re the above - with the permanent straightening I use, after the treatment take a week off from getting sweaty if at all possible. The longer you can last without washing it, the longer the treatment will stick.

seasidesally Thu 09-Feb-17 17:38:46

yes report back,we deffo need a thread on this tragedysmile

ProjectGainsborough Thu 09-Feb-17 18:52:24

Watching. And weeping quietly into my almost-empty tub.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now