Talk

Advanced search

So now I've found what suits me ....

(10 Posts)
Eliza22 Mon 30-Jan-17 20:30:16

What do I do with the purchases I've made, which clearly are too yellow and just wrong? Bin? I hate binning anything but, I have to acknowledge the fact that my new matched foundation shade, which not only looks right on my face but compliments my hair/brow colour also, has kind of made much of my cosmetic bag obsolete.

I've always gone for yellow based bases, in the past. And then had to "warm" myself up with bronzer and blush. What I've found now is that, my new foundation matches perfectly, I don't need warming (just a bit of blush), and less eye makeup too. It's been a revelation....I look normal instead of oddly colourful, in wintertime.

Would you just bin anything that's not going to work now?

ChishandFips33 Mon 30-Jan-17 21:27:08

Take it in to work for colleagues to try?

How'd you find your perfect match?

Braceybracegirl Mon 30-Jan-17 21:30:51

I've tried to sell foundation on eBay but not no luck but you could try that. Or fb selling sites.

Eliza22 Mon 30-Jan-17 22:17:46

Can't sell it. It's all been used.

I've bought No7 in Cool Ivory in their Lift & Luminate range. I tried Estée Lauder, Clarins, Bobbi Brown and Bourgois. All very yellow based. At Bobbi Brown I specifically said I was trying to get away from yellow.

Dulcimena Mon 30-Jan-17 22:24:07

I've sold fdtn tested once on eBay - obviously if it's half empty ppl probably won't bite, but worth a shot. It's hard to try before you buy a lot of the time. Bobbi Brown shades are famously all yellow based.

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 30-Jan-17 22:35:00

Local women's shelter might welcome them?

Braceybracegirl Tue 31-Jan-17 04:04:30

Yeh mine was used I just said that on the advert. It had only been used a few times.

MagicChicken Tue 31-Jan-17 04:26:29

I have just had exactly the same experience! I also decided to give Cool Ivory Lift and Luminate a try and in one wear I was totally converted. Not only is it THE perfect colour for me it also gives my skin a lovely flawless texture, good coverage but not heavy or chalky. I just love it. Applying was a dream, it was like liquid silk.

I have had several really expensive foundations, By Terry (really heavy and awful, made me look like a drag queen and aged me 10 ten years) MAC mineral liquid foundation (nice texture but too beige/yellow and that was picked out for me by their consultant confused ) Chanel (hideous colour, far too orange, don't know what came over me there. But it good great reviews and they had so few shades to choose from so it was the closest one) Bare Minerals (ok but a bit too pinky/pale.)

I am thinking of going back and buying up all this Lift and Illuminate in bulk in case they change the formula.

FishlessCake Tue 31-Jan-17 06:33:28

I will take it off your hands wink
I honestly would offer it to someone, I bet a friend would be very pleased smile

Eliza22 Tue 31-Jan-17 08:40:13

MagicChicken exactly! I've put a review on their No7 website saying "please don't discontinue!" I've tried to "go pale" before and always looked worse WITH the makeup than without (and then went mad with the blush 😊) so, always went back to my former colour choices. This genuinely is the first time I've put foundation on and looked like "me".

I'll have to see if there is a local shelter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now