Talk

Advanced search

Waist Cincher

(7 Posts)
Crowdblundering Mon 30-Jan-17 20:23:59

Hi - I have just (on Impulse) bought one of these as I am quite slim with skinny legs and big boobs (36E) but small hips and flabby tummy so not waist blush

Is this going to help me as I really want to wear dresses with belts and not to feel flabby (I am trying to lose a bit of weight too blush).

TIA

RainbowsAndLemonDrops Mon 30-Jan-17 20:30:10

I'm slim, 34E also with a slight tummy and I bought a waist trainer (still have it somewhere).

It didn't do much, it made me look slimmer whilst wearing it but it was so uncomfortable I couldn't wear it for long. I don't recommend them. blush

Crowdblundering Mon 30-Jan-17 20:31:27

I was wondering about wearing it over my "shape wear" body thing grinblush

Crowdblundering Mon 30-Jan-17 20:32:20

My Gran was always very overweight but always wore a corset so never ever looked "wobbly"!!

FrustratedFrugal Mon 30-Jan-17 20:46:45

I have one, I used it a couple of times with a party dress but it was really sweaty and uncomfortable. In the end, losing half a stone through exercise and clean eating was far less painful. My shape is similar (with smaller boobs) but I've just started accepting that belted things don't suit me and that other dress silhouettes look much better on me. If you have great legs, show them off instead.

Crowdblundering Mon 30-Jan-17 21:03:07

I made the mistake of looking through the Boden catalogue grin

SillyMummyJan Thu 02-Feb-17 00:31:28

Waist training takes a while to adjust the shape of the waist. Unfortunately, they don't do a lot for weight loss but mainly to help create a more hourglass shaped figure. I got myself an Ann Chery one based on this www.healthster.co.uk/waist-trainers/ and it works well as more like "slimming underwear" that I can wear under my normal clothing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now