Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What shoes with this dress?

(11 Posts)
CaravanOnCraggyIsland Mon 30-Jan-17 19:16:23

I've got a black tie event coming up, and I have chosen to wear this dress.

Originally thinking silver shoes, these. But now pondering a yellow www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/yellow-suedette-ankle-strap-court-shoes_392280485.

Any thoughts? My budget is cheap as you can get it.

northerngirl71 Mon 30-Jan-17 19:46:26

I couldn't open your first link but with that dress is be tempted to try these
https://www.prettyeccentric.co.uk/shoes-c25/heels-c26/grace-shoe-p2531#attribute%5B1%5D=70

northerngirl71 Mon 30-Jan-17 19:47:08

Quite expensive though sorry !

CaravanOnCraggyIsland Mon 30-Jan-17 20:30:22

Oh those shoes are lovely, very Kate Middleton, but a little bit out of my budget.

Pinkiepie1985 Mon 30-Jan-17 20:34:35

Yes 100% the yellowey ones. Think silver shoes are a bit dated now are they not?

user1471503992 Mon 30-Jan-17 20:35:50

The yellow ones are great and much more stylish to wear an unusual colour than boring safe silver or navy!

CaravanOnCraggyIsland Mon 30-Jan-17 21:01:16

So have ordered the yellow shoes, eek so exciting.

Nude tights are ok aren't they, otherwise I'll probably freeze to death.

northerngirl71 Mon 30-Jan-17 21:34:23

Oh seen yellow ones now - lovely yes nude tights ok would have thought as long as really near own skin colour

hollieberrie Mon 30-Jan-17 22:33:02

Lovely! Dress and shoes are both fab. Can I ask what you are going to wear over the top of the dress to keep you warm if you need it? I have a similar-ish dress and a wedding to go to. What to people wear these days? Cardie? Wrap? I havent done any formal wear for so long confused

CaravanOnCraggyIsland Mon 30-Jan-17 22:37:41

Hollie I've got a silver wrap from ebay coming, but think I might get a yellow one instead. I'm depending on the room to be warm.

I'm watching a nice coat on fleabay as well.

Now just to get a bag (which is big enough to stick my flats in).

hollieberrie Mon 30-Jan-17 22:49:59

Ooh both sound lovely, I hope its warm for you.
Yes the perennial bag problem... I hate little clutches as i always have a shit ton of "essentials" that i NEED to take grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: