Talk

Advanced search

Best waterproof mascara?

(12 Posts)
Rhubarbginn Sun 29-Jan-17 20:01:36

I know it's been asked before, but any recommendations for the best waterproof mascara that stays put!

moretea Sun 29-Jan-17 21:30:01

Sorry I can't help, but I could really do with a recommendation too. All the mascaras I've tried recently shed fibres, so I'd love to find something basic that just stays on without thickening/lengthening.

Rhubarbginn Sun 29-Jan-17 21:34:51

Anyone used the Lancome Hypnose Doll mascara in waterproof? Any good?

sauronskitten Tue 31-Jan-17 10:50:28

I haven't, but I use Urban Decay Cannonball Ultra Waterproof Mascara. It's meant to have been formulated for surfers, and stays on without being clumpy (if applied right). I use the tip of the applicator to lengthen lashes.

Clinique High Impact Waterproof Mascara
scored well here: http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/beauty-hair/makeup/a44922/best-waterproof-mascara-review/

There's also talk of tubing mascaras, explanation and list here, though it's quite old and US-based:
https://lauratipt.wordpress.com/tag/complete-list-of-tube-mascaras/

Shukinskaya Tue 31-Jan-17 11:13:53

I use the Lancome Hypnose waterproof (haven't heard of the doll one). It's very good, stays on throughout dd''s swimming lesson and until the end of the day. Bit of a pain to remove (eye make up remover followed by swipe with oil infused micellar water followed by balm cleanse) but definitely waterproof! Only issue for me is it's not very volumising.

FortyFacedFuckers Tue 31-Jan-17 11:16:27

I love no 7 stay perfect the gold tube

HowardMoonsJazzTrumpet Tue 31-Jan-17 11:32:11

I like waterproof mascara because I use eyelash curlers and WP formulations hold the curl all day, unlike tubing or traditional types.

I like the L'Oreal Volume Million Waterproof. Holds a curl, doesn't run, irritate or flake, is nice and black and adds a decent bit of volume (which I find is often missing in wp formulas).

I like the Max Factor False Lash WP too but that gives length rather than volume and the brush is a bit chunky and unwieldy (fat brush and handle but tiny, pokey plastic bristles - the L'Oreal has a narrower brush but denser, more flexible plastic/rubber bristles). Not as easy or comfortable to use as the L'Oreal wand, imo.

I love Dior Diorshow & YSL Faux Cils normal formulas but their WP versions just aren't worth it for me. I'd rather use lash curlers (Shu always for me) and the £10 L'Oreal and get a better effect that lasts.

best I have tried is Barry M in the blue tube.

taytotayto111 Tue 31-Jan-17 19:10:43

I buy cover girl waterproof mascara online and omg it's waterproof. But I recently found out max factor is the UK version so I'll try mf next. I have terribly oily lids and lashes and can never find a cheap good waterproof. I find mascara is overpriced and it's the only beauty item I hate spending money on. Cheaper is often better or just as good.

MeadowHay Tue 31-Jan-17 21:32:42

Soap and Glory is good

thethoughtfox Tue 31-Jan-17 21:48:26

Dior Iconic. Amazing and glossy.

MathsFiend Tue 31-Jan-17 21:50:23

Clinique flutter to full. It's a tubing mascara so doesn't budge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now