Talk

Advanced search

Would you wear any of these dresses to a wedding?

(22 Posts)
Shockers Sun 29-Jan-17 17:09:33

And if so, how would you accessorise?

I'm not into very fitted clothes and prefer casual to smart. Weddings are always a bit of a trial for me, dress wise! I've just ordered all 3 in the sale and wondered whether I could wear any of them for an upcoming wedding.

Thanks in advance!

CuppaTeaAndAJammieDodger Sun 29-Jan-17 17:11:24

I think any of them would be fine, the 3rd one is my favourite, the first might need some dressing up.

Shockers Sun 29-Jan-17 17:12:40

What sort of shoes would you wear with the third Cuppa?

Thank you for answering smile

honeylou42 Sun 29-Jan-17 17:15:35

I think number 2 is nice , with some purple heels and clutch smile

Lucked Sun 29-Jan-17 17:17:05

Yes all good. The second one has a bit too much white for me but it is actually fine and I would have been happy for someone to wear it to my wedding but I am very cautious of the no white dress code when attending other people's weddings.

Madbengalmum Sun 29-Jan-17 17:18:58

Sorry, I wouldn't wear any of them. The third is however the most acceptable.

Shockers Sun 29-Jan-17 17:20:00

This is good news- thank you! I've been stressing over what to wear and I don't like spending loads on something for just one day. These three cost £66 for all of them in the sale and I'd probably wear all of them again.

Result! grin

Shockers Sun 29-Jan-17 17:20:58

X post there...

MaryMargaret Sun 29-Jan-17 17:21:00

I think they're all lovely, and to my eyes perfectly msalrt enoug for a wedding, especially 2&3 - though you might need a jacket/shawl/similar which would need to be smart and matching - is there anything similar that comes with a jacket ofr is that going to make it too pricey?

I would choose the one that suits me best, and that I can also get a good pair of shoes and some sort of cover-up (unless you are only going to be indoors in the warm, guaranteed -- otherwise Churches/town hall steps etc can be pretty chilly!

picklemepopcorn Sun 29-Jan-17 17:24:43

The first would look good with nude or taupe heels and a clutch. The second and third are more forgiving, in that smart black shoes and bag will work. A geometric black lacy shawl would look good with the red one. Lavender accessories with the white one.

What time of year?

Shockers Sun 29-Jan-17 17:26:09

I was thinking that no. 3 would suit a shawl Mary.

I know I suit shift dresses. I know I don't suit very fitted clothes, mainly because I feel so uncomfortable in them. I like soft fabric.

I think the consensus is that no 1 is the least acceptable. I'll wear that on holiday instead!

Shockers Sun 29-Jan-17 17:27:17

Early March, Pickle.

Thank you for those ideas. I'm rubbish at accessorising!

Stuffedshirt Sun 29-Jan-17 17:29:15

I think number 2 is nice , with some purple heels and clutch

This ^

missyB1 Sun 29-Jan-17 17:33:19

Number two is definitely my favourite, it's the sort of dress I would wear. Wedding outfits are so tricky aren't they? I'm going to be mother of the groom later this year, I'm dreading the whole what to wear situation!

Shockers Sun 29-Jan-17 17:36:58

I don't envy you there missy! (outfit-wise obviously- not that your son is getting married) Congratulations smile.

eurochick Sun 29-Jan-17 17:38:10

2 or 1 would look great.

Shockers Sun 29-Jan-17 18:04:03

I'm feeling quite pleased now; the first two should've been £65 each, the third £90. They're all lined.

Looking forward to seeing how they look on.

Thanks everyone smile.

picklemepopcorn Sun 29-Jan-17 18:43:36

Bargain! I'm not keen on the current fashion for dressing like a WAG at weddings- skintight, short, spike heels etc. You'll look great.

Shockers Sun 29-Jan-17 20:13:29

Thanks pickle 😊

SociallyAcceptableCookie Sun 29-Jan-17 20:57:02

Shockers thank you! I need a dress to wear to a wedding and the sale on this website is really good.

Shockers Sun 29-Jan-17 21:33:35

You're welcome! grin.

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Sun 29-Jan-17 21:54:48

Number 2 - with black heels and a bright clutch bag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now