Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help me make a list for my jeans hunt tomorrow PLEASE....

(25 Posts)
PutAPlasterOn Sun 29-Jan-17 16:55:30

I'm sick of feeling like crap in my clothes so have decided to start my wardrobe from scratch.

Ive decided enough is enough. I need to just be happy with my shape and size instead of constantly being in the mind set of 'when I've lost some weight I'll be able to wear .. etc' I'm never going I have the body I had when I was 20.

I'm 5ft 3" and pear shape. I'm 34, 34,44 so a size 12 on top and 14 on bottom. I have chunky thighs and calfs and a tummy after 2 kids/c section. I'm

I'm after some dark blue jeans without and rips or fading. I'd like a relaxed skinny/straight leg with a waist that's not high but high enough so no muffin top. I'd also like some black jeans but maybe a bit more skinny than relaxed.

I have 3 hours tomorrow and plan to try on as many pairs of jeans as possible to find a few pairs I am 100% happy with. No budget shock.

Please help me make a hit list. I'll have most high street stores, house of Fraser, Debenhams.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Sun 29-Jan-17 16:56:09

Sainsburys TU are also great.

PutAPlasterOn Sun 29-Jan-17 17:16:10

Thanks.. I'll add them to my list. Any style in particular? I have a pair of their black jeggings but they don't do them in a short leg so I have to fold them under.

slummamumma Sun 29-Jan-17 17:20:07

7 for all mankind jeans are absolutely fab - v expensive but last, keep shape and make you look fab (even my saggy bot!). Loads of different styles tho but it does mean something to suit all shapes. John Lewis do them I think

PNGirl Sun 29-Jan-17 17:24:01

I'm almost the same as you except a 12 on bottom and a 12/14 top because boobs. I wear jeans every day and have approx 20 pairs.

I really recommend Topshop Jamie jeans in black - mine are over a year old, have never faded or bagged, and hold me in without being uncomfortable. I'm on my second pair of them in blue too.

For straight leg jeans with a mid-rise I recommend Gap real straight:

www.gap.co.uk/browse/product.do?pid=000355493000&vid=1&preferredLocale=en_GB&kwid=1&sem=false&sdkw=mid-rise-real-straight-jeans-P000355493&sdReferer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gap.co.uk%2Fproducts%2Fladies-jeans.jsp

New Look do actually do some fantastic skinnies. Any of them that are £22.99 are a fantastic fit on most people I've recommended them to.

There's always Levis which you'll probably find in the dept stores if you don't have a store. If you can't find any tomorrow, ASOS Ridley skinnies are fantastic too.

Good luck!

PutAPlasterOn Sun 29-Jan-17 17:49:31

Thanks PNGirl. There's a Levi store so I will have a look. They used to do those demi curve jeans etc but I put off getting a pair until I'd lost weight!!!

I was in Topshop today but all their jeans just looked so minuscule hmm. Are they true to size? Looking on their website I like the style of the Hayden jeans but they all have rips.

I'm a 34EE in the boob department so it just depends on the style/material of top. I usually go for size 10/12 in Next but 14 in oasis.

PutAPlasterOn Sun 29-Jan-17 17:51:04

Thanks slum... are they true to size and do they do short leg length?

MarvinKMooney Sun 29-Jan-17 17:52:43

Another vote for Gap 'Real straight'. Very flattering.

PutAPlasterOn Sun 29-Jan-17 17:57:10

I have a gap near me too. Are they true to size?

MarvinKMooney Sun 29-Jan-17 18:01:17

I'm usually a uk size 12 / us size 8 but often size down to a 10 in jeans (28in waist I think - strange sizing in gap). It does depend on the style so be be prepared to try on!

PNGirl Sun 29-Jan-17 18:06:06

I'm a 30 waist and the 30 in Topshop Jamies fits me very well. I can't speak for the others though as I only really like the Jamies!

Gap is a bit odd - I always take in a 28 and 30 into the changing rooms (or a US 6/UK 10 and a US 8/UK 12.

GuinefortGrey Sun 29-Jan-17 18:16:41

M&S are surprisingly good for jeans. I find many of their styles are cut to a slightly higher natural waist than other jeans which is fantastic for eliminating muffin top/mum tum. My ultimate favourites at the moment though are very dark blue denim jeggings from TU at Sainsbury's. They are £15 a pair and very flattering, wash brilliantly and are a bargain for the price.

CremeBrulee Sun 29-Jan-17 18:21:40

After an extensive jeans buying shopping trip with DD I can offer up Superdry and rather surprisingly Miss Selfridge jeans coming out as the best choices for no-rip straight styles.

slummamumma Sun 29-Jan-17 18:28:43

yes they do different leg lengths. As for sizing they use "waist sizes" which aren't real waist size! if it's any help a "26/27 inch waist" is a UK 8ish so maybe try a 30? Good luck!

imsorryiasked Sun 29-Jan-17 18:31:02

Sainsbury
m&co
m&s

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 29-Jan-17 19:06:59

If you buy Next jeans, even if they fit you nicely when you put them on, wear a belt otherwise after 2 hours they'll be hanging off your arse.

blush Voice of Experience

Chewbecca Sun 29-Jan-17 19:13:12

Try M&s's straight jeans - very comfy & quite flattering.

Atlanticblue76 Sun 29-Jan-17 19:35:20

I would go into a department store and use the personal shopper. It's free and you can use it just for one item. It's nice because you stay in the fitting room and the assistant brings you all the jeans. I am not a fan of shopping for clothes as I don't like trailing round the shop looking. The personal shopper will do all that for you. I discovered Jasper Conrad jeans this way which fit really well.

Justfivemoreminutesplease Sun 29-Jan-17 19:45:18

Was coming on here to say Gap - they seem to have gone downhill in the quality of everything else apart from their jeans. I have 5 or 6 or 7 pairs from there - Real Straight are good and I'm about the same size as you from the sounds of things and have a 30 waist. Other gap jeans are a 28. I like their 'girlfriend' fit and they are baggy so a 28. All time favourite pair were some of their 'boyfriend' fit but they seem to only do them in the summer and then for a very short period of time. I also have a few 7 for mankind jeans but they are easily +£100 and you just can't argue with Gap at £50
odd (or sign up to their emails and you forever get offers - think the current one is buy one item get 20% off, 2 items 25% off, 3 30% off but that might end today - but there will be another offer next week and so on).

OlennasWimple Sun 29-Jan-17 19:48:03

Gap have very erratic sizing, IMHO - but at least the assistants are usually great and will bring you other sizes to try on without you having to schlep back to the shop floor.

If you have the patience, try your local TK MAxx - sometimes great brands like 7ForAllMankind make it in there at much much reduced prices.

joangray38 Sun 29-Jan-17 19:48:40

Hudson or earnest sewn

rubberducker Sun 29-Jan-17 20:03:59

For the skinnies, I've just had some of the 360 jeans from next and they are fab! And unlike most other next jeans, they keep their shape and do not sag.

HandsomeDevil Sun 29-Jan-17 20:06:49

GAP always skinny are good for pears and not super-skinny
If you have Uniqlo they're ace too - bit to short for me in the leg but I'm tall, so would probably be bang on if you're a little more petite

RoseHarper Sun 29-Jan-17 20:08:03

River Island "mollie". Im a 14, 5"4. By far the comfiest jeans ive worn for a l9ng time. Proper denim but with great stretch.

CallarMorvern Sun 29-Jan-17 20:24:43

I'm a bit of a broken record on this. But Sainsbury's jeans are unbelievably awesome, I wear their skinny kickflares, which may not be to everyone's taste, but I can't believe how fab the fabric is. Smooth and stretchy, keeps it's skin tight shape for however long. I have had 7 for all Mankind jeans and my god, they looked stylish, but they didn't have the stretch and shape keeping abilities of Tu jeans. I've also not worn through a pair yet. The only thing I will say, is the Tu jeans have a lower cotton content, but I haven't found this an issue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now