Talk

Advanced search

Growing my hair, should I cut?

(9 Posts)
DavetheCat2001 Sun 29-Jan-17 15:31:24

My hair was cut into a shortish bob last time I went to the hairdressers.

I have since decided that a longer length suits me better so am growing it out. I don't want to go mega long but shoulder length-ish I reckon.

Should I be getting it trimmed? I don't want to lose too much length as it seems to be taking ages to grow, but know it needs a trim as the ends are really dry.

How much would you recommend off? Should I ask for one length all over? Layers have a tendency to make my hair 'pouf' out, especially at mid length.

I have attached a pic..apologies for the state of me, just dyed my roots in readiness for my hair appointment on Tuesday!

Any advice gratefully received smile

Ladyformation Mon 30-Jan-17 09:49:38

Mine grows much quicker with regular trims (I say regular...like every 3 months is enough for me) and is much healthier too. I always just say that I want to keep as much length as possible, but want everything that's dead to come off, which seems to make sense to my long suffering hairdresser!

DavetheCat2001 Mon 30-Jan-17 10:18:05

Thanks Lady

I have been going to the same hairdresser for years and he is great, it just smarts a bit having to pay £55 odd quid for a trim!

My hair definitely needs a trimthough, the ends are really dry.

Pollypickypocket Mon 30-Jan-17 12:00:38

Find someone cheaper if it's just a trim !!! You do need to keep split ends at bay otherwise they will travel up the hair shafts.

DavetheCat2001 Mon 30-Jan-17 12:21:04

I think I'll see my regular guy tomorrow and get it cut into a bit of a style, and then find someone cheaper to trim it afterwards.

Pollypickypocket Mon 30-Jan-17 14:42:23

Sounds like a good plan !

Pollypickypocket Mon 30-Jan-17 14:43:22

If i were you I would put the differance into a few Opalex treatments if you can x

DavetheCat2001 Mon 30-Jan-17 17:04:19

I had to Google Opalex!

Is it good? Do you use it?

x

Pollypickypocket Mon 30-Jan-17 20:36:16

It's very good and great for coloured hair your trying to grow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now