Talk

Advanced search

Do Your Skinnies Wear Out Quickly?

(10 Posts)
MrsLogicFromViz Sat 28-Jan-17 20:55:37

I have a number of pairs of Uniqlo ultra stretch skinnies and love them. That said, I'm currently dieting my larger thighs and bottom down and have always walked a great deal. I'm noticing that the crotch area is almost worn through on a couple of pairs now. Does anyone else find this happens?

BusterGonad Sun 29-Jan-17 14:18:33

It happens to me too and I do not have fat thighs! It only happens on light weight jeans not real jeans!

MrsLogicFromViz Sun 29-Jan-17 15:16:38

Thanks Buster. Yes, I remember those 100% cotton days too and DH's 501s are still intact blush

Bantanddec Sun 29-Jan-17 16:54:23

I chucked a pair in the bin due to worn out crotch this morning, I'm pretty annoyed as I'd spent a bit more on these jeans then I normally would hoping they would last longer but no!

BusterGonad Sun 29-Jan-17 17:26:58

Jegging jeans are the worst for it.

MrsLogicFromViz Sun 29-Jan-17 17:56:06

I'm going to attempt to mend them with some iron on patches. I doubt that it'll work though, but it's worth a try.

BusterGonad Mon 30-Jan-17 03:29:48

Be careful Op if it's the thighs as they may irritate and cause pain!

MrsLogicFromViz Mon 30-Jan-17 18:03:09

Thanks Buster (and it's great to see another Viz fan on here!) I think you're right, so it's back to jeans shopping for me.

BusterGonad Mon 30-Jan-17 18:34:36

You could always invest in knickers down to your mid thigh in the same colour as the jeans! Or stitch on patches of red and white spotted hankys. Very 80s!

MrsMarigold Mon 30-Jan-17 18:57:28

I found mine did egis but it happens less now I don't tumble dry them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now