Talk

Advanced search

Workwear what to keep/ditch?

(3 Posts)
SuperFlyHigh Sat 28-Jan-17 13:09:24

This is sort of a fashion query but also clear out related as having one.

I will shortly be returning to a job where more than likely I'll be dressed professionally (think suits etc or work dress with jacket). My current job is in the creative industry so get away without suits etc.

I have about 2 suits with matching shirts/blouses about 2-3 years old. Suits are Warehouse and Reiss, shirts etc are Karen Millen, Warehouse and another. Then about 3 workwear dresses with 3 different jackets. Various brands from warehouse to H&M, to Oasis.

Also got 2 Fenn Wright and Manson wrap jersey dresses and 1 Monsoon similar clingy jersey dress. All could be workwear.

Also got 2 Oasis and an ASOS work type dresses, ASOS is kimono/obi wrap style, Oasis is sleeveless pleated white top black skirt, and an Oasis shorter dress (short sleeves) black and white.

Have got to lose weight (which am currently doing) or Spanx for the vast majority of workwear.

What would you keep and ditch? I may get more upmarket work stuff if need be.

Thanks

happyfeet1 Sat 28-Jan-17 13:45:24

What size are you? Send them all to me grin
Congratulations on the new job.
I'd only keep what I was certain I'd wear again, donate/sell the rest and go shopping!
I'd look at the colours of the thins you've decided that you love and you'll keep then buy things in complimenting colours and lots of neutrals, then you can mix and match everything.

SuperFlyHigh Sat 28-Jan-17 15:27:36

happy I wouldn't send but would I dunno drop off, about a 10-12.

It's not a dead cert on the new job but I'll definitely be going more corporate.

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now