Talk

Advanced search

Eyebrow pencil

(18 Posts)
happyfeet1 Sat 28-Jan-17 09:02:39

Good morning

I'm currently using a smashbox brow pencil with retractable 'lead'? and a spoolie on the other end. I think it cost £18.

It's good but too expensive and has only lasted me a couple of months, and sometimes it got brittle and bits would break off whilst I was using it.

I did love that it was thin as I could be precise with it and fill in tiny hairs rather than having a block colour, I think it looks natural, I'm very dark blond and use the taupe shade.

Anyway I'm down to the last 3mm of it, can anyone recommend something similar? I will pay that price again if I'm going to get double the time out of it!

LoadsaBlusher Sat 28-Jan-17 09:25:34

Avon glimmerstick eyebrow pencils
Available in various colours and are retractable
However, my absolute favourite is
Rimmel dark brown eye pencil and I just sharpen it to a nice fine point .

LadyOfTheCanyon Sat 28-Jan-17 09:31:31

Another one for Rimmel. They're, like £2.99 and I just keep it sharp. I use others but always come back to the dark brown.

thethoughtfox Sat 28-Jan-17 09:33:34

I have the Anastasia Beverly Hills one which has a great taupe shade and is the make up artists' favourite. However, I use the Rimmel one most work days because it's fatter and easier to just crayon it on!

happyfeet1 Sat 28-Jan-17 09:35:48

Thanks, they don't sell it in Boots but it is in Superdrug with over 400 reviews (4.5 stars!). I'm going to go out and buy it tomorrow smile

happyfeet1 Sat 28-Jan-17 09:36:32

Thethoughtfox which shade do you get in the Rimmel one?

MooMinCow Sat 28-Jan-17 09:49:35

Soap & Glory. Just like the Anastasia one for under a tenner!

QueenMortificado Sat 28-Jan-17 09:52:01

I love the Rimmel one too but do find it breaks off sometimes when sharpening it

The MAC one is my favourite but at nearly £20 not sure it's really worth it over the Rimmel one

Wherehasmydevilcomefrom Sat 28-Jan-17 09:54:08

I use rimmel in Hazel. It stays on through almost anything and is only £2.99.

TheChosen1 Sat 28-Jan-17 09:59:18

Boots now sell Nyx products. I bought a retractable brow pencil with a precision tip from them. It's called Micro Brow Pencil. It's wicked and only £8. Only larger branches of Boots though.

Darthvadersmuuuum Sat 28-Jan-17 09:59:44

I use the NYC micro brow pencil-£7 from boots. Apparently it's the nearest thing to the holy grail of growl pencils, Anastasia Beverley Hills, but a fraction of the price. I'm considering micro blading though. Does anyone have any experience of having this done. As it's semi permanent I'm rather nervous.

Darthvadersmuuuum Sat 28-Jan-17 10:12:03

Brow nor growl grin

Deathraystare Sat 28-Jan-17 10:16:06

I love the soap and glory one and the Nyx one too.

Darthvadersmuuuum Sat 28-Jan-17 10:21:11

Oh yes, I meant NYX, sorry. Pesky cold is fogging my brain

happyfeet1 Sat 28-Jan-17 12:17:17

I'll get the Rimmel or NYX. I like that there's more shades with the NYX and I like the brush better, but less than £3 for the Rimmel with 4.5 stars wow! I might get both grin

SymbollocksInteractionism Sat 28-Jan-17 13:06:35

Another vote for rimmel in hazel.
I've been using pencil on my eyebrows for over 20 years and always come back to this. Cheap and effective!

missjoanie Sat 28-Jan-17 16:31:22

Collection do a great one called Blonde that is identical in colour to the Anastasia Dipbrow in Taupe. Costs about £1.99 and stays put all day. The Anastasia one is great value for money though. Had my pot for months, use it every day and have barely made a dent in it.

luckylavender Sat 28-Jan-17 16:41:32

There are good Maybelline ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now