Talk

Advanced search

Smart Casual - Diamond Wedding Anniversary

(10 Posts)
58NotBothered Fri 27-Jan-17 19:45:06

I have been invited to a Diamond (60th) Wedding Anniversary in the South West towards the end of April.
Dress code is smart casual. What could I wear?

58NotBothered Fri 27-Jan-17 20:26:27

Should add that I do not live in the UK, so not used to these conventions.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Fri 27-Jan-17 20:28:54

Smart trousers (not jeans) and a dress top

AllPowerfulLizardPerson Fri 27-Jan-17 20:29:26

Lunch? Dinner?

Rule of thumb is the brushed-up version of what you feel comfortable in (but not full-on smart), bit what might be suitable does depend a bit on whether it's daytime or evening.

Twinklyfaerieglade Fri 27-Jan-17 20:30:48

Check with the happy couple or mutual friends. I went to an event that had this dress code. I decided to put on a naice frock, but there were a few people there in jeans. The hosts wore posh frock and DJ. I really felt for those who were very casual, one told me it spoiled her night.

NewPantsforaNewYear Fri 27-Jan-17 20:32:08

What's your budget?
Colouring, shape, size?
What do you feel happiest wearing?

I'd probably wear a dress but I love dresses and wear them most of the time.

58NotBothered Fri 27-Jan-17 20:44:19

Dine and sleep. So Reception at 18:15, dinner 19:00 plus an overnighter in a hotel and breakfast.
The male half of the couple does have a dinner jacket, but will probably wear a blazer and trousers and a tie.
The female half, no idea, but not full evening dress.
I was thinking silk trousers and a silk top with maybe a cashmere wrap.
I have never liked jeans.
I could do velvet trousers and a silk shirt (with pashmina). I do feel the cold these days!

burnishedsilver Fri 27-Jan-17 20:55:13

I think you're on the right track. It sounds like you should wear whatever you would wear to a nice restaurant.

NewPantsforaNewYear Fri 27-Jan-17 21:07:09

Both sound lovely and very suitable

58NotBothered Fri 27-Jan-17 21:33:15

Size 10 to 12, colour navy is my favourite. Dress for me is not casual. I could still wear the dress I wore to the 40th anniversary, obviously 20 years ago. That might be quite amusing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now