Talk

Advanced search

Are there any deep conditioning, silicone free treatments that actually work?

(16 Posts)
Destinysdaughter Fri 27-Jan-17 18:31:37

I have wavy,curly, dyed blonde ( because grey ) hair which is v dry andbrittle, would love to find an effective deep conditioning treatment ( not coconut oil ), that actually works! Anyone know of anything?

oliviafrombolivia Fri 27-Jan-17 18:40:52

i have had a few Olaplex treatments (in salon) last 2 visits when I have had my hair coloured, it has made a huge difference.

PrettyDarnQuick Fri 27-Jan-17 18:43:05

Olaplex!

aniceearlynight Mon 30-Jan-17 07:54:40

Louise Galvin deep conditioning treatment is good and is available from Ocado.

CateGory8 Mon 30-Jan-17 13:54:27

Another vote for Olaplex 3. Totally turned my hair around.

Bluebell9 Mon 30-Jan-17 13:58:37

I use Philip Kingsley Elasticizer. My hair always feels so much better when I use it and combined with the shampoo and conditioner my hair is the best its ever been. Its not cheap but it does last a while and it works so for me, it is worth it.

Notagainmun Mon 30-Jan-17 14:07:14

Elmis pink hair and scalp mud

nannyplumislostinspace Mon 30-Jan-17 14:10:44

I think the Philip Kingsley elasticiser has silicones in it. L'Oréal do a great silicone free conditioner.

Laiste Mon 30-Jan-17 16:15:15

What's wrong with silicones? Genuine Q.

Honeyandfizz Mon 30-Jan-17 18:16:32

Ive been using Olaplex with absolutely no difference to my hair. Think I just have crap hair!!

nannyplumislostinspace Mon 30-Jan-17 18:30:49

Nothin per se but some people find they leave a build up on the hair and they can be quite drying.

massi71 Thu 02-Feb-17 20:12:11

I have crazy curls prone to frizz but use this and my curls stay glossy fat and soft.

Tresemme undone conditioner mixed in equal quantity with warmed olive oil.

Rubbed into washed damp hair, combed through. Cover with cling film and a turban towel from pound shop. I leave it for at least an hour.

I don't use shampoo on my hair so rinse it out and then use LOADS of tresemme undone by itself in soaking wet hair to scrub hair for 5 mins and then rinse that out too. Sounds a faff but only thing that's given me silky curls.

Dulcimena Fri 03-Feb-17 09:23:34

Never tried Olaplex but I get v good results from Phytokeratine extreme mask. It's not cheap though, so next I'll be trying this Redken mask that gets good reviews too. My hair is mid-length, coloured, dry-ish (but getting better with this stuff grin), wavy.

Flushedwithsomething Fri 03-Feb-17 09:34:15

I just use a mixture of olive oil and my regular silicone free conditioner. Lush! Have you read The CuRly Girl handbook by Lorraine Massey? Changed my life.

LittleOyster Fri 03-Feb-17 10:07:05

Have just had Smartbond (the L'Oréal rip off of Olaplex) and found it very effective. Not sure if it's silicone free, but I considered that, as a one off, it'd be ok.

massi71 Fri 03-Feb-17 10:11:02

Flushed that's exactly what I do!. The tresemme Undone conditioner is on the safe list of sillicone free products to use.

Lots of conditioners that repair damage are just coating it in sillicone (aka plastic) so the hair feels smoother. The problem with that is your natural oils can't penetrate that so it's getting damaged under the sillicone. So therefore you need more sillicone to keep it smoothed. At least that's how I understand it. My hair used to be so damaged and crispy now it's as soft and shiny as baby hair since I dropped the sillicone products and followed the curly girl method.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now