Talk

Advanced search

Are tea dresses a bit, meh, these days?

(9 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Fri 27-Jan-17 13:10:15

I used to love a pretty tea dress but then moved towards simpler plainer styles. Are tea dresses a bit meh these days or still quite stylish? I have a couple of long sleeve ones with prints and wondering whether to dig them out again or I'll just feel 5 years behind and a bit 'frilly' for want of a better word. I dont know if its the puffy long sleeves which actually do a great job of covering my arms They're great for wearing with boots and black tights in this cold weather though. Ditsy prints, in or out?

burnishedsilver Fri 27-Jan-17 13:16:40

I feel theyre a bit meh but I've seen quite a few ditsy prints coming in for SS in places like Warehouse so maybe its just me.

keeponkeepinon Fri 27-Jan-17 15:22:10

Maybe it's just me wanting to wear something cheerful in anticipation of spring!

FauxFox Fri 27-Jan-17 15:26:20

I think shirt dresses do the same job but are a bit more current...I got a navy/green tartan one in New Look in the sale but the also do prints

(Keep the tea dresses - they will be back at some point and are good to wear at any age grin)

keeponkeepinon Fri 27-Jan-17 17:45:56

this kind of thing? Would you only wear it as a day dress?

thethoughtfox Fri 27-Jan-17 17:54:12

You sound like you are styling it right with ultra black tights and biker style boots. That's always a good look.

ChishandFips33 Fri 27-Jan-17 21:40:12

I like them (or ditsy/floral skirts) with chunky boots and cardigan, thick tights

IJustLostTheGame Sat 28-Jan-17 10:53:36

You're all singing my song.
Pretty dresses with big woollies and biker boots are my favourite. I also wear a woolly hat I crocheted myself as I'm always cold in the winter.
I do have some coloured tights as well and after watching gogglebox I want patterned ones now like Mary.

I have a strange taste in clothes though so I probably won't look very on trend.

BusterGonad Sat 28-Jan-17 10:55:13

I love floral dresses in any cute style really. Skater and fit and flare are my favorites. I still like a tea dress though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now