Talk

Advanced search

Apparently we are all one of 20 types of women

(24 Posts)
fridgepants Fri 27-Jan-17 12:34:52

..according to Experian data. I have no idea how old this is (it doesn't mention Asos, for one, and surely there are lots of young women spending their disposable income at Missguided rather than...Gap??) but it is still being currently used for targeting marketing (I found it on a major marketing advertisers site today)

twilightcafe Fri 27-Jan-17 12:44:20

Must be out of date. I didin't think Ethel Austin and Mark One existed any more.

And no mention of Boden, Hush etc.

Christmascrackedit Fri 27-Jan-17 12:47:35

Half of these shops don't exist anymore. Adams? I remember that one. I think I'm a poor version of Sara! Haha.

fridgepants Fri 27-Jan-17 12:51:24

That's what I thought - and so many of these categories assume women 25-45 are spending all their clothing budget on children, which isn't always true. Maybe you don't have them. Maybe your kids identify as naturists.

WingMirrorSpider Fri 27-Jan-17 12:51:59

It seems that whatever category I'm in now, as I hurtle towards my 50s I'm destined to shop at Damart. confused

MadisonMontgomery Fri 27-Jan-17 13:27:50

There doesn't really seem to be anyone that fits me - it seems to assume that as soon as you hit 30 you automatically have kids & therefore just shop for them. Interesting reading though - where did you find it?

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Fri 27-Jan-17 14:13:58

After reading all the headers, I think I'm closest to Ana (30, no kids, live in house with husband, good budget).

Lol at "online shopping (maybe Next Directory)" - this must be quite old.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Fri 27-Jan-17 14:17:33

Well Maria's favourite shop is Woolworths. Shall you tell her or shall I? wink

Narnian Fri 27-Jan-17 14:33:23

I don't fit into ANY of those categories. I'm obviously very special and yooneek.

fridgepants Fri 27-Jan-17 14:35:11

Can't say as I don't want to out myself, but it was on a website of a very big company offering tailored advertising. There's no date on it which irritates me for some reason.

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Fri 27-Jan-17 14:40:11

What a bunch of dweebsgrin

Bluntness100 Fri 27-Jan-17 14:40:28

Well considering this mentions Woolworths which shut down nearly a decade ago, I'd say it's very out of date and not worth using any more.

fridgepants Fri 27-Jan-17 14:42:13

I thought exactly that. And Adams. Do Shoe Zone even exist now?

absolutelynotfabulous Fri 27-Jan-17 14:55:02

Shoe Zone is alive and well!

BobbinThreadbare123 Fri 27-Jan-17 15:02:12

I am not any of those. My closest is one of the older ladies in the final group but I'm 30 years younger.

ShoutOutToMyEx Fri 27-Jan-17 15:20:52

I am probably Ana. I SHOULD be Natasha. Sigh.

Doobigetta Fri 27-Jan-17 18:32:14

Interesting. I think I'm a mix of Ana and Virginia. I don't know how accurate it is that about 7/8 of the categories were women who spend most of their time and money on their kids rather than themselves, but it depressed me.

Whatthefoxgoingon Fri 27-Jan-17 23:23:02

I'm Virginia but younger.

I don't shop in monsoon or river island.

I'm going to call my husband Howard from now on grin

CountFosco Sat 28-Jan-17 08:39:27

Another Virginia (although I am in the age demographic and scarily have realised I'm about to move up to the next age bracket. Argh!!!), I suspect there will be a lot of us on Style and Beauty since MN users are on average higher earners than average. But agreed, I don't shop in Monsoon (although I did over 10 years ago) or River Island (more like 20 years since I bought anything from River Island!). I am that MN classic Boden shopper, although I'm buying less from there these days as well.

HandbagCrab Sat 28-Jan-17 09:02:24

Ridiculous. No wonder half the retailers mentioned don't exist anymore if they're making marketing choices based on stuff like this.

toffee1000 Sun 29-Jan-17 02:34:18

I'm none of these. Closest really to Ana but I don't have much of a style beyond t-shirt/jeans.

WildwestWind Sun 29-Jan-17 09:45:42

I think I'm closest to Virginia. Waves to other Virginias!
Our local Monsoon has just turned into a Hotel Chocolat - my spend has gone up.

Sadik Sun 29-Jan-17 10:53:45

This must be ancient - it evidently completely predates internet fashion shopping. I'd guess maybe 2004-5 at the latest.

EIsbethTascioni Sun 29-Jan-17 11:03:04

I'm none of those. I rarely buy clothes actually, as the kids have lots of cousins so lots of hand me downs and I only ever buy shoes and handbags really.

I live in jeans and t shirts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now