Talk

Advanced search

Mascara virgin needs help

(6 Posts)
sluj Fri 27-Jan-17 12:33:25

Not really a virgin but could probably count the number of times I've worn mascara over my 50 plus years using my fingers and toes.
I'm feeling spectacularly dowdy at the moment and thought I might seek your advice on mascara.
The reason I don't bother is slight sensitivity, contact lenses, prone to smudging and a pathological dislike of "out there" lashes.
What I would really like is a very natural mascara which does not clump or fall off. Also one that does not look like it has bits on the lashes or false looking.
Am I looking for the holy grail?
Any advice gratefully accepted

Cheesymonster Fri 27-Jan-17 14:00:19

Try Maybelline Great Lash mascara (pink and green tube). It's been a bestseller for decades and is good for a natural look - no fibres, clumping etc.

FauxFox Fri 27-Jan-17 15:21:45

I'd second Maybelline - I tried a Max Factor one that was twice the price and it just made my eyes itchy and red sad Choose one with a 'bristle' brush not the rubbery applicator thing cos they are irritating too imo.

Deathraystare Fri 27-Jan-17 17:23:40

Also Boots natural collection has a water resistant one that I rather like and it is v cheap so if you hate it, you haven't have to re-mortgage....

citykat Fri 27-Jan-17 19:17:46

I went to work recently without putting mascara on. Usual one Dior £££££. Emergency trip to chemist, got the Maybelline one mentioned here. Miles better. Stays put.

gracearchersghost Fri 27-Jan-17 21:29:52

Lancome definicils mascara. Once you've applied a few coats, comb through immediately with an eyelash comb. This ensures no clumping and lashes look more defined.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now