Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Semi permanent colour stripper

(10 Posts)
Norky1975 Fri 27-Jan-17 11:11:12

I want to strip the colour out! I'm desperate. I've got Superdrug's own version of Colour B4, my hair is naturally dark blonde but it's dyed dark brown with a semi permanent colour. I've read loads of horror stories about hair ending up ginger and all sorts! Can anyone give some advice?

FishlessCake Fri 27-Jan-17 11:17:40

No advice I'm afraid, but following as I'm thinking of stripping my hair.

MarklahMarklah Fri 27-Jan-17 11:19:59

I used that but it was to remove red from my brown (lightened to v dark blonde) hair.
I shampooed daily with head & shoulders for a week before I used it.
Then timed it all very precisely.
It did work, but my hair felt very dry, and the smell lasted for several weeks.
Make sure you rinse, rinse, rinse and then rinse some more. And slather on loads of conditioner.

UnicornButtplug Fri 27-Jan-17 11:20:00

I used that on my hair, it had been bleached and then dyed red. It took all the red out.

I put it in my hair, put a carrier bag over and then used the hairdryer on low all over for an hour.

It STINKS though but you can't open a windows cos heat is what really helps it to remove the colour.

Oh and rinse, rinse as if your life depends on it and then rinse some more.

ProseccoandPizza Fri 27-Jan-17 11:25:42

Exactly as above. I went from a tinted red to a permanent red cherry which took my hair to a plum almost black. After a few days of head and shoulders I used Colour B4 U and it pretty much took me back to my natural colour. Rinse and rinse and rinse! The smell was in my hair for weeks unfortunately even with more frequent washing than normal!

fridgepants Fri 27-Jan-17 12:41:59

Is the semi-perm an oxidative dye or not? Basically, when you put it on, did you have to mix two things together, or was it just one product you slapped on your head?

Cb4 will work on oxidative dyes, but not direct dyes.

I used a recipe for stripping direct dyes when I wanted to take out some of my Casting colour before bleaching - you need washing up liquid, Head and Shoulders or Vosene, mix with vitamin C powder (supplement shops will have this in powder form but you can also crush up tablets). Some suggest baking soda but I'm not sure if this cancels out the acid from the Vitamin C? Stick it on dry or damp hair, put a shower cap on, and leave for as long as you can manage. Rinse out and give your hair a deep condition.

ColourB4 does work, but you might have stained hair - if your dye is a very bold one, especially red, it will stain the cuticle and that won't get it off. When I bleached, I couldn't get the ends beyond gold and just got those cut off.

UnicornButtplug Fri 27-Jan-17 12:56:57

Mine was direct dye, directions poppy red which I had been using for months. Before that I used the permanent colours from the live range.
Colour B4 took both out of my hair and took it back to the bleached base. It was a yellowy bleached Base though you couldn't of had it as your hair colour.

fridgepants Fri 27-Jan-17 12:58:25

Huh! I always was under the impression CB4 won;t touch things like Directions, and Live never comes out (though that might be hairdresser propaganda)!

KatLovesCats Fri 27-Jan-17 13:02:46

Yes CB4 won't work properly-if-at-all on direct dyes (Manic Panic, Stargazer etc).

Live XXL will come out but not entirely due to the silicone. I've used CB4 to strip red Live XXL before and ended up very very ginger grin but I was only 17 so just went with it!

If you've used a normal brown dye OP it should work for you. No reason why not! If you've ever bleached it it will return to something approximating that colour, but if you haven't it should get to close to your natural colour if you use it properly smile

UnicornButtplug Fri 27-Jan-17 13:04:15

It was the colour B4 for fashion colours if that makes a difference? I had been getting blonde highlights for about 6 months, then went red at the hairdressers, then started putting live colour on and then went to stargazer before settling on directions which I had to keep doing every couple of weeks to keep bright.
Colour b4 lifted it all out. Maybe I was lucky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now