Talk

Advanced search

Dress me for my 30th!

(12 Posts)
thirtyflirtyandthriving Thu 26-Jan-17 19:33:53

Going out with a big gang of friends to a nice (stylish Indian) restaurant.

Budget c £100 (not including shoes or accessories) - would love to shop in John Lewis if possible as I have Christmas vouchers.

I'm tall, size 18 with big boobs. I like jewel toned stuff and nothing too baggy or floaty. Probably trousers, as not great in heels and not a fan of exposing my (enormous) calves when I'm wearing flats.

Can you make me gorgeous?

thirtyflirtyandthriving Thu 26-Jan-17 20:40:38

No?! Perhaps an impossible task...

Bluntness100 Thu 26-Jan-17 20:45:42

Well happy birthday. 🎉

Why don't you pop along to John Lewis and have a look? :do you have trousers you like? If so you could then buy a really nice top that makes you feel great.

Sorry of that's not helpful. Didn't want to read and run.

nut3lla Thu 26-Jan-17 20:50:18

Try the John Lewis assistants - they're actually really helpful, no pressure to buy either. They dressed me for a wedding then some casual stuff when I went again. They chose things I wouldn't have looked at plus gave me a much better bra. Happy birthday too when it comes cake

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Thu 26-Jan-17 21:50:09

I can't find it on JohnLewis.com but how about this Coast top with your favourite trousers? m.coast-stores.com/p/perle-bow-cold-shoulder-top/1744660?locale=en

WilburIsSomePig Thu 26-Jan-17 21:53:51

www.johnlewis.com/coast-rosario-print-top-black/p3118179

I like this, maybe with skinny trousers?

thirtyflirtyandthriving Fri 27-Jan-17 08:46:25

If they did wilbur's top blocked in Florence's colour then we'd be on a winner, I think.

I was trying to avoid having to go into JL as I hate shopping at the best of times and it's tricky with a bouncy toddler, but may just woman up and do it.

Tartle Fri 27-Jan-17 09:52:28

Book a personal shopper. It's free and they will sort it all for you. I had one the other week. It was really good (and I spent a fortune!)

Dowser Fri 27-Jan-17 11:02:14

What about this
www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Eliza+J+Sleeveless+fit+and+flare+with+tie+belt/241252935,default,pd.html

The black top will slim your boobs.
If you have big calves I bet you've got slim ankles. Something with kitten heels.
You're 30, I'm 65... live it. It goes way too quick
Have a lovely birthday

Dowser Fri 27-Jan-17 11:03:57

I'd did the belt, put on a black one and let the skirt do the talking.

Dowser Fri 27-Jan-17 11:04:37

Oops it's navy

thirtyflirtyandthriving Fri 27-Jan-17 17:27:34

Thanks for all the lovely birthday good cheer!

Bowser, I love that dress but no, sadly my ankles don't in any way compensate for my calves so I'd prefer not to show my legs I think. It's exactly my taste, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now