Talk

Advanced search

Any nars foundation users?

(19 Posts)
Christinedaae17 Thu 26-Jan-17 19:29:42

Just wondered if you could tell me which shade you use?

I've ordered the sheer matte in deauville as nars website matched me to it, anyone who uses it is it quite close to ivory?

HowardMoonsJazzTrumpet Thu 26-Jan-17 19:34:04

It is very yellow.

HowardMoonsJazzTrumpet Thu 26-Jan-17 19:37:34

(I have Sheer Glow in Deauville and find it too yellow for me - I'm neutral/warm)

srhndrsn Thu 26-Jan-17 20:51:29

I use Sheer Glow in Siberia. It's the palest shade but still a bit yellow. Still, it's the only foundation I've found that's pale enough without being hideously pink.

HowardMoonsJazzTrumpet Thu 26-Jan-17 21:14:40

Mont blanc is the same level of 'lightness' as deauville but is more pink (without being like calamine lotion)

HowardMoonsJazzTrumpet Thu 26-Jan-17 21:15:54

Though it looks mega pink next to deauville on swatches!

TheWombat Thu 26-Jan-17 23:19:32

I veer between Deauville and Gobi - which I think is the yellow-y shade between Siberia and Deauville. Ideally I'd buy both Gobi and Deauville and mix them together - but one Nars foundation is expensive enough isn't it! Yellow tones really, really work on me (very pale but sallow, with freckles. Nice).

I keep wanting to find a cheaper dupe but haven't found anything as good (or as yellow).

Christinedaae17 Fri 27-Jan-17 10:27:21

I went for that one as the description states it's a balance between pink and yellow so a sort of neutral light shade

Bojheybuddy Fri 27-Jan-17 12:03:40

Space NK will send you up to 3 little tester pots of the shades you are swithering over if you call customer servicessmile

Christinedaae17 Fri 27-Jan-17 13:36:03

Thanks for the tip smile

Is foundation with yellow undertones for cool toned people? I've followed one of them instruction things and my veins on inside of wrist are blue, I burn before I tan and have blue eyes so all the marks of cool toned.

HowardMoonsJazzTrumpet Fri 27-Jan-17 18:04:05

Yellow for warm toned. Pink for cool.

CateGory8 Fri 27-Jan-17 18:56:10

I wear Siberia which is a really fair neutral. I find that I'm better in the palest neutral shade in any foundation. If I then need to adjust the shade then I use either Body Shop lightning drops or illamasqua skin base foundation 1.

Cool toned celtic pale with freckles.

HowardMoonsJazzTrumpet Fri 27-Jan-17 19:09:27

The NARS range is probably the yellowest of the easily accessible (in the UK) foundations. Some Asian brands or those aimed at the Asian market are as or more yellow toned but NARS seems the most yellow of the 'Western' brands.

Glamorousglitter Fri 27-Jan-17 19:57:18

I use sheer glow - in 4 - is that Deauvile.
What s the deal about the yellow in it ? Just curious .... As long as it matches ok and doesn't look jaundiced.
Is it a bad thing ?

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Fri 27-Jan-17 20:03:48

Fiji is a perfect match for me. I don't find it too yellow.

RainbowsAndLemonDrops Fri 27-Jan-17 20:05:31

I use NARS sheer matte in Deauville. It's lovely!

beanfilledfish Fri 27-Jan-17 20:52:19

Tinted moisturiser in terre neuve perfect pale colour no yellow at all

Christinedaae17 Tue 31-Jan-17 11:33:05

So I changed my order to gobi and it came today, what do you think? I think it looks fine not too yellow and it all looks the same colour I think?

Against my usual Ivory foundation it is paler/slightly yellow but on the inside of my wrist it's a good match whereas the Ivory is quite pink against my skin although never noticed any non matching when it's on my face

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Tue 31-Jan-17 13:02:14

Looks good to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now